Help

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
I’ve been in the ships and see the same regulars that book together and continue to cruise together after meeting on the ship. You never have to eat or go to shows or in excursions alone. I was actually surprised at the demographics that book those cabins. I thought it would all be people in their 20’s- not so. Most are 40’s abs older. NCL is often the first line that tries something and others follow. Remember they started the “anytime dining” program and I still remember at a travel agent class asking an Executive from Royal Caribbean why they didn’t offer it and back then (at least 15 years ago) was told “We’ll never offer that. Our consumers want fixed dining times”.

So much for never.
Back from my cruise and met up with a great group of people in the Studio Lounge. And since I'm already booked in another studio on the Breakaway next year, mentioned it to the group and will likely get several of them to join up! The awesome thing about the Epic Studio Lounge is they have a bartender from 5-7 pm to help facilitate the gathering and loosen people up!

Carol Phillips

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 28, 2014
Coastal South Carolina
What a great response - and you are absolutely correct in how you described this.
What a great response - and you are absolutely correct in how you described this.

Totally agree, @dgyland and @Neil Maley . This is a terrific way to think about double cabins being sold to a single. I am, however, pleased that some of the newer ships have dedicated single cabins at affordable rates ...

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Totally agree, @dgyland and @Neil Maley . This is a terrific way to think about double cabins being sold to a single. I am, however, pleased that some of the newer ships have dedicated single cabins at affordable rates ...
We also recently learned of an English river cruise line, Riviera, that has dedicated dates for waiving the single supplements.