1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello, I need contact info for Air Berlin lost luggage.

Discussion in 'Need contacts?' started by buzzy, Aug 8, 2017.

1. buzzy

Hello, I need contact info for Air Berlin lost luggage.

2. sas80

Staff Member Advocate

3. buzzy

Hi,
    I did call costumer service at Air Berlin and I was given this email address service@baggageexpress.de to contact them in order to file a claim. I was also told once I send email to this address they will send me a link to file a claim. I send email and have not heard anything back. I just don't know what to do. Any Assistance will be greatly appreciated.

4. sas80

Staff Member Advocate

Can you post the email content you sent to them so we can review?

What day did you fly/loose the bag?
    What was the originating airport/
    What was the destination airport?
    what day did you file the claim?
    What day did you send the email?

buzzy likes this.
  5. sas80

Staff Member Advocate

You shld be starting to recollect/gather a list of the items in the bag and the deprecated cost of each item, and any recipet you can find with original purchase price - in the event you need to file for reimbursement

here is their policy

https://www.airberlin.com/en/site/landingpages/customer_service_plan.php
    Delivery of Baggage

In the event that checked baggage does not arrive with the passenger traveling to or from the U.S., Air Berlin will make every reasonable effort to return the baggage within 24 hours and compensate any reasonable expenses that result from delay in delivery, subject to the liability limitations provided under the Montreal Convention. In the event that baggage is lost or destroyed, Air Berlin will reimburse any baggage fees charged for the transportation of that baggage.

6. sas80

Staff Member Advocate

jsn55 and buzzy like this.
  7. sas80

Staff Member Advocate

here is an Elliott article with, not surprising, lots of good information

http://www.elliott.org/the-troubleshooter/air-berlin-lost-bag-six-days-refuses-reimburse/

As we have discussed in several other recent cases, the Montreal Convention provides for maximum compensation in the amount of 1,131 SDR (approximately $1,400) for lost baggage. (Special Drawing Rights is an international currency established by the International Monetary Fund.)

8. buzzy

this is what I sent:
    Hello,

My luggage was lost on August 2 2017 on flight AB7420 Berlin Chicago.

Tag # XH 583022

XH 582982

Filled out claim form on the airport upon arrival and have not heard from tem since. Please assist me to find my luggage.

9. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

Do you have two bags missing? Since there is always a slight possibility of all tags being torn off a bag in transit, furnishing them a description of the bag might help.

10. buzzy

HI,
    I have two bags missing. I have not heard from Air Berlin even its been several days I contacted them. Last Thursday there was a voicemail on my phone from # 773 894 -xxxx stating that it is from American baggage service asking me to call them back and to confirm my address. I was calling them every day but finally today someone pick up the phone to tell me they are not working any more with AirBerlin and they gave me another number to call 773 217 xxxx. I called the number. No answer, left the voicemail there. It is very frustrating.

Edited by moderator to remove phone numbers.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2017 at 2:41 PM
  11. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

Did you do a Google search on both phone numbers to find the company names at those numbers?

Have you gone all the way up our list of Company Executives for help?

12. buzzy

Hello,
    I am happy to report my bags were delivered to my door one hour ago. Nothing was missing or damaged. So happy I don't need to deal with AirBerlin and their unresponsiveness. thank you!

Carrie Livingston, Neil and sas80 like this.
  13. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

My dear, you have NO IDEA how lucky you are. Air Berlin filed for bankruptcy this morning after losing its credit line. I was trying to figure out how to tell you this gently ... almost an impossibility. So happy your bags are home!

Carrie Livingston likes this.
  14. buzzy

Thank you so much!

15. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

Amazing news! I would have thought they were lost forever.

With Air Berlin filing for bankruptcy, it's a good idea to totally stay away from them going forward.