Handicapped Parking Permits - Ireland in Particular

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 7, 2017
I've had both hips replaced in the last 2-1/2 years and occasionally walk with a cane - dependent on terrain and crowd conditions. We have a Michigan handicapped license plate which of course I can't take with me on a trip to Ireland. I know my physician will give me the documentation to get a handicapped hang tag. Will it be valid in Ireland?

Apr 10, 2017
I found this:

Contact this department in relation to the reciprocal recognition of disabled persons' parking permits

Road Safety and Traffic Division

25 Clare Street

Dublin 2

Tel. +353-1 670-7444

Fax +353-604-1656

Email: roadsafety@transport.ie

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
I would be very surprised if you had to do anything other than hang the tag. Someone I know from England is able to use their badge from the UK when they come to the USA. Please let us know what you find out.