1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

Global Entry Program

Discussion in 'Other' started by Babs, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Babs

We were flying business class and there was no separate line. Everyone went to the same place. I was told directly by TSA agent when I asked, "no separate TSA pre line," eveyone in one line. If there was another security section, we never found it.

2. ADM

ADM

Now that's strange. I guess it was an off time and no separate line.

3. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

To top it the agents were also nasty in Atlanta last time I had to connect. It you are right - I guess I never really thought of this before.

4. Babs

We've come into Atlanta many times and have never found a separate line for first/business class. I double checked with my husband in case I'd forgotten something and he said no, only one line. We landed around 4:30 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. I asked the agent about TSA pre, but I didn't think to ask him about first/business class. Something seems off here. Were you flying Delta? I wonder if we were directed to the wrong place. It would have to be a completely separate area because there was only one (long) line which was divided to about 5 or 6 machines when you got to the head of the line. No lines on the side as they often do when you are checking in initially.

5. ADM

ADM

Yes, we were flying Delta. Just last summer we flew back into the country and the security line in ATL had a separate one for first and business customers. We have used it numerous times. You drop off the checked luggage and the security area is right there. The separate priority line is on the right hand side next to where they take the checked luggage.

6. Babs

We are traveling again next month. I'm going to take a second look at the area you mention. There was chaos at the place where you return the luggage. The person behind my husband in the TSA line was a pilot. He thought the system was pretty stupid as well. The only difference was that he went through just the metal detector and we went through the scanner.

AMA likes this.
  7. VoR61

Advocate

This may help. I located the security information for ATL here, where it states:

TSA PreCheck lanes are staffed daily at the following locations:
    International Terminal 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.​

So the line may have been closed (early?) at the International terminal when you arrived. I noted that you said 4:30 PM and assume that was local time (EDT).

jsn55 likes this.
  8. Babs

It was, but is that the information for people coming from home checking into the airport or is it for people who just got off an international flight? The systems are different.

9. VoR61

Advocate

I don't know, but I thought it was for both.

10. VoR61

Advocate

Continuing my search, I'm posting these (for the international terminal):

http://airport.blog.ajc.com/2016/05...ernational-terminal-to-bypass-security-lines/

"The international terminal’s main checkpoint has less than a third of the number of security lanes at the domestic terminal."​

http://www.ajc.com/business/tsa-adds-precheck-lane-international-terminal/KubbTYNbDhNLIB7ytBR0RL/

"The new PreCheck lane in the international terminal of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport is open during peak travel times"​

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/del...pre-check-atlanta-intl-arrivals-security.html

See this post: MSPeconomist, on Dec 13, 14, 4:34 pm​

jsn55 and John Galbraith like this.
  11. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

I think you probably 'fell victim' to some kind of internal TSA issues with security: short-staffing, bad planning, people out sick, equipment malfunction ... who knows? ATL is an enormous connecting airport, so they probably have good systems set up as ADM outlines ... most of the time. I'd definitely contact TSA to register your displeasure. You'll probably never get an answer, but at least you'll alert them to a problem.

Algebralovr and VoR61 like this.
  12. VoR61

Advocate

jsn55, Algebralovr and Neil like this.
  13. VoR61

Advocate

14. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

VoR61 likes this.