Gift Card Fraud

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Feb 9, 2016
where I work there are 6000 people on site. this means that we do a massive toy drive every Christmas. All the bikes are outside waiting for pickup to distribute.

I was just walking in with a guy this morning and we saw the bikes and started chatting about them. He mentioned that every year it's the same cycle - kid gets one of our donated bikes for Christmas, mom or dad sells to crack dealer, crack dealer sells on craigslist.

Apr 10, 2017
where I work there are 6000 people on site. this means that we do a massive toy drive every Christmas. All the bikes are outside waiting for pickup to distribute.

I was just walking in with a guy this morning and we saw the bikes and started chatting about them. He mentioned that every year it's the same cycle - kid gets one of our donated bikes for Christmas, mom or dad sells to crack dealer, crack dealer sells on craigslist.
The same thing happens at my husband's company. That's why we don't participate in any of it. Our charity mainly goes to my parents and my mother-in-law. We also donate occasionally to the local humane society, hospice, and St. Jude's. We have no problem telling everyone else no.

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015

That is horrible! Reminds me of stories about India where parents disfigure their children so when they beg for money, they receive more sympathy.

Apr 10, 2017
Did any of you ever see the movie "Slumdog Millionaire"? It took place in India. A little boy was intentionally blinded so he would get more money as a beggar. To know that was based on reality was beyond disturbing.