Frontier delayed liggage

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 19, 2016
My son flew from missoula mt to Tampa FL with a layover in denver. Kept the passengers on plane in denver for 3 hours. Because of a snow storm, his connecting flight had not left. When they boarded left the passengers sitting for 2 hours on plane at gate. Airline attendantS said it was because ground crew was having difficulty loading the luggage. Finally arrives in tampa, no luggage. It has been 3 daysand no one can give us any answers.
Who can I email to complain about the service, and delay of bag

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Frontier seems to be having lots of problems
Flew from RSW>DEN Friday, nonstop
Flt 711 sched to depart RSW 1:55pm
Delayed - departed 4:50pm
Reason given, plane stuck in Cincinnati. No bad weather there that day.
Arrived DEN 6:30pm.
Luggage not sent up to carousel until 8:25pm
Kept getting announcements, 'don't worry, luggage has arrived but Frontier (headquartered in DEN) has only one gate agent on duty.' What?
Does the gate agent now go down to the tarmac and unload the luggage?
Snow started in DEN approx 8:30 with temp around 20 degrees.
COLD!

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I was reading on travel agent sites today that Frontier pilots and employees (gate agents) were walking off the job today, especially in Orlando. One of the travel agent papers is looking in to it. This could very well have something to do with it, although I only heard of sporadic problems outside of Orlando.

Did your son file a claim at the airport? He will need a claim number. Here are the instructions on the website:

https://www.flyfrontier.com/travel-information/baggage

If using that doesn't work, we have company contacts on top of our pages. Find Frontier in the airline section and write to their Customer Service email. Give them a week to get back to you, if they don't, write to the first executive listed. Give him/her a week to reply, then write to the next. Repeat weekly if necessary.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Frontier seems to be having lots of problems
Flew from RSW>DEN Friday, nonstop
Flt 711 sched to depart RSW 1:55pm
Delayed - departed 4:50pm
Reason given, plane stuck in Cincinnati. No bad weather there that day.
Arrived DEN 6:30pm.
Luggage not sent up to carousel until 8:25pm
Kept getting announcements, 'don't worry, luggage has arrived but Frontier (headquartered in DEN) has only one gate agent on duty.' What?
Does the gate agent now go down to the tarmac and unload the luggage?
Snow started in DEN approx 8:30 with temp around 20 degrees.
COLD!
OUCH! I've never heard of waiting 2 hours for luggage, ever. I had to laugh at the idea of the gate agent trotting out to unload luggage all alone. But I'm sure you experience wasn't the least bit funny.

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
@Jencon some advice for the future, pack extra clothing in carry-on luggage when traveling especially during winter weather.

I was scheduled to fly out of FLL Saturday and didn't end up flying out until last night and I was one of the lucky ones. There were several people that won't be flying out until tomorrow. When I finally arrived in STL last night, we sat on the tarmac for about 1/2 hour waiting for a plane to depart our gate. They were having issues loading luggage. This storm was a nightmare for anyone trying to get out of Florida going north. Fortunately my sister lives about 2 hours north of FLL and was able to come get me because there were no hotels available in FLL Saturday night.

Some information from Frontier's website...
GENERAL DAMAGED AND LOST BAG INFORMATION
You hope it never happens, but it’s best to be ready if it does. It’s our responsibility to take care of your belongings, and we don’t take it lightly. Frontier Airlines is 100% committed to helping in these situations.

If your bags are damaged or do not arrive where you do, be sure to report it (whether it’s damaged or lost) before you leave the airport— the sooner we can respond to the situation the better. All claims for damaged or lost baggage must be made within 4 hours of your flight's arrival.

Has a claim been made for the luggage? If so, your son should have been given a claim number. If he needs to purchase items during the interim, make sure he keeps all receipts and doesn't go crazy purchasing items (i.e. purchasing very expensive clothing).

WHAT ABOUT LOST BAGGAGE?
It’s not something you ever expected. If it happens to you, we want to solve the problem, which means reuniting you with your bag.

The representative will create a tracing file and provide updates to you regarding the status of your bag. From there, you’re in good hands. Our team will be working to get your bag back to you.

Note: Liability for loss or damage to checked baggage is limited to $3,500 per ticketed passenger for domestic travel.

We have company contacts for Frontier located at the top of the page. I've listed the link for Frontier's contacts below. I would start with the email contact form, wait a week, and then move to the executive contacts. Do not email the contacts at one time and don't add attachments; we've found that will sometimes not get delivered. Since this is the holiday season, I would probably give a little bit of extra time for a response since the executives might be taking time off as well.

http://elliott.org/company-contacts/frontier-airlines/

Good luck!

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
OUCH! I've never heard of waiting 2 hours for luggage, ever. I had to laugh at the idea of the gate agent trotting out to unload luggage all alone. But I'm sure you experience wasn't the least bit funny.
No, none of it was funny.
BUT! Let me state here, I don't plan on writing to them to get a refund or any other relief.
It happened.
It's over.
I will remember and maybe not book Frontier next trip. We are returning to Naples via SW as we didn't want the Red Eye this time.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Frontier is having quite a few employee issues ever since they did a layoff a year or so ago.

They are blaming it on weather in Denver, the airline pilots association is blaming it on mismanagement.

FOX31 Denver TV station reported 10-hour lines just waiting to see a member of customer service.

Many people noted that other airlines were flying. So go figure.

Jan 22, 2015
I had friends who were delayed 2 days coming back to Denver. All Frontier is offering right now, for some people is return of their airfare, as they are blaming the weather.

I predict that we will see quite a few complaints about Frontier in the next few days.

As I live in Denver, Frontier used to be my airline of choice. They used to be a great airline. Now? I wouldn't fly on them, even on a free ticket.