1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

First world travel problems.

Discussion in 'Airlines' started by mmb, Oct 10, 2017.

1. mmb

mmb

2. sas80

Staff Member Advocate

I mean....DUH!

3. George M

I was worried about the same thing before going to Costa Rica for dental implant work. Fortunately for me I looked very much like myself by the time I returned home. Can't these people think ahead? Wow.

jsn55 and AMA like this.
  4. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

This was the funniest thing I've seen today.

5. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

Patina and Neil like this.
  6. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

Looking at the picture it's no wonder they weren't allowed on their flight. I think most people make a vacation out of this and don't go home with a head twice it's normal size.

jsn55 and mmb like this.
  7. joycexyz

How about this? I have a cousin in Argentina who needed a visa to travel to the US. A pompous low-level US bureaucrat refused to issue the visa because in her passport photo, her hair was styled differently (but not radically so).

8. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

We are having trouble getting Visas to China. Why? Because the company we are going through does not have final itineraries with our names printed on the itinerary. We are supposed to leave in two weeks. Our documents we received to apply for the visa said we needed to provide our itinerary - and three others we are going with got their Visas at the same Consulate with the exact same documents and had no problems. We are using CIBT and paying hundreds for the privilege and they can't get the Visa issued. We told them if they don't have our Visas by Wednesday we are coming into the city and getting all the paperwork and going to the Consulate ourselves.

Its all about who you get to examine the papers apparently

9. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

Ridiculous! Can she go back again and hope for some help from a real person? OR ... just put her hair back the way it was in the photo. No point in trying to get the first guy to do his job, just move on up the beanstalk. This kind of thing is SO annoying.

10. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

Why aren't your names printed on the itinerary? I'm confused.

11. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

Because we were not given written confirmations yet for pre and post tours by the company putting together the conference we are going to. We had to choose a tour we wanted to go in and the names were JUST submitted to the company that is doing the tour.

12. joycexyz

She changed her hairstyle back (just a matter of wearing it behind her ears, rather than in front). No point in arguing with a self-important idiot who, unfortunately, has the power to make your life difficult. And she was afraid to go over his head and complicate matters (kind of like arguing with the TSA). She got the visa after the re-style.

13. mmb

mmb

This made me decide today to get get an early driver license renewal and a new picture. My license was set to renew Mar 2018 had picture of me with long brown hair to my shoulders. My post -chemo hair is about 3/4 inch long with about 1/2 of it silver grey and I was worried TSA would not like the change. Passport photo long brown hair also.

14. joycexyz

When your hair grows back, time for another photo.

15. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

Oh, I'm sorry, but this is too funny! Striped hair - what are they gonna do about that???? What a dilemma you have.