Faredepot.com scam???

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 24, 2016
I made a purchase at faredepot.com for a airline ticket the price of the ticket was $611.89. A few days later I check my statement and there was a charge of $614 I called and they refunded the $2 but they charged my card with a agent fee which was $54. That is ridiculous for a $2 refund. Then I check my statement again and there is a refund for the total price of the ticket. I called and told me the ticket was cancelled and that it was refunded. I checked my credit card statement again and there is another charge of $564 for that same ticket. I called and was never given a straight answer. Also I never received any information from faredepot.com that my ticket was cancelled or I was going to be charged a new amount for the ticket. I want a refund for the total price of the ticket which is $564. Is there any help someone could give me to fight is and get my money back.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Well, Jonathan, it's an OTA, an online travel agency. They deal only in volume, there is no customer service, and they essentially just "process orders"; if there's a problem they're not much help. To add insult, they apparently charge for telephone conversations. Why did you call them over a $2 error? That obviously has started a cascade of foolishness and now you don't even know if you have a ticket or not. I don't ask this to be critical of you, but to lay out the situation for other readers.

I would say that your first priority is determining if you have a valid reservation and ticket. If it looks like you do, double-check with the airline to verify that. Then you can decide if you want to cancel ... I assume it is/was a refundable ticket? Please come back to us with the answers.

Aug 28, 2015
New York
oh boy....There is almost no unraveling this bc it doesn't seem to correspond to any rational explanation. @jsn55 perfectly described, a cascade of errors. The best course is to get out of this whole thing and rebook your travel with the airline. Usually we don't advise folks file a credit card dispute right away, but I agree with @Neil

If you receive pushback on nonrefundable travel, be VERY clear that you did not cancel and they cancelled on YOU.