Facebook reactivated the dormant account i shared with my abuser with out my consent.

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 29, 2018
So an entirely different former account I used was just reactivated! And it also has a different email. So there are officially three facebooks of me. Is this happening to anybody else? What in the world is going on??

technomage1

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2015
So an entirely different former account I used was just reactivated! And it also has a different email. So there are officially three facebooks of me. Is this happening to anybody else? What in the world is going on??
Facebook may be doing something or you may have been hacked. Like I noted, change all passwords and set two factor authentication.

Jan 29, 2018
I was able to log in with an old email and password, I found the most recent login was from the town my former spouse lives in, it could be him or it could be friends of his. I took a screenshot of the login from an android phone in that town, 15 hours ago. I was able to switch to two factor authentication but because it uses an old number I locked myself out, (I also don't communicate with 3/4 of the suggested friends.)
I had time to change the password. I deleted my CURRENT facebook account, I can't handle this.
My mother is friends with both of my former accounts. So I'm keeping an eye on it and reporting through her account now.
I think I will go to an attorney tomorrow.

Feb 9, 2016
I was able to log in with an old email and password, I found the most recent login was from the town my former spouse lives in, it could be him or it could be friends of his. I took a screenshot of the login from an android phone in that town, 15 hours ago. I was able to switch to two factor authentication but because it uses an old number I locked myself out, (I also don't communicate with 3/4 of the suggested friends.)
I had time to change the password. I deleted my CURRENT facebook account, I can't handle this.
My mother is friends with both of my former accounts. So I'm keeping an eye on it and reporting through her account now.
I think I will go to an attorney tomorrow.
If you can log in, you can delete the account, right?

https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account

Jan 29, 2018
This is beyond horrible. I'm so, so sorry this is happening to you. If you don't hear back from Facebook with a meaningful reply within a week, please let us know. I have some contacts at Facebook that I can reach out to. No guarantees, but it can't hurt to try.
Thank you Mr. Elliott,
This situation was resolved. After 50+ hours of pure panic, I would like to explain how your advocacy group can advice others in the future.
First, I reported it through Facebook. The flaw with Facebook security is that when you have an active Facebook account they will not let you submit comments. So I reported it and received a message back stating it did not break any community standards.
So the ONLY way I found was to deactivate my current Facebook account and fill out this form:
https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/169486816475808

Here, I uploaded a photo ID of my drivers license and reported both accounts, last night around 9pm.
This morning I received an email and only one of the accounts was deleted out of the two separate reports I filed.
The one that stayed up was unfortunately the first account I was worried about, the one with both of our names.

I submitted a third report to the link above, this time I attached a photo of the account, my photo ID, AND a copy of my restraining order (which states his name and my name). Within minutes they emailed me that the account was taken down.

I have printed and saved all correspondence with Facebook. I will let your site know what legal action I may take to document that this has happened to me, such as making a police report.

Because of the brief period I was able to login to one account I could see that the account was being used in the town where my former spouse lives. Although it is not evidence incriminating him it is likely the incident was related to him.

Thank you everyone for helping me, the accounts are gone. I feel so much relief.

Thank you Mr. Elliott,
This situation was resolved. After 50+ hours of pure panic, I would like to explain how your advocacy group can advice others in the future.
First, I reported it through Facebook. The flaw with Facebook security is that when you have an active Facebook account they will not let you submit comments. So I reported it and received a message back stating it did not break any community standards.
So the ONLY way I found was to deactivate my current Facebook account and fill out this form:
https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/169486816475808

Here, I uploaded a photo ID of my drivers license and reported both accounts, last night around 9pm.
This morning I received an email and only one of the accounts was deleted out of the two separate reports I filed.
The one that stayed up was unfortunately the first account I was worried about, the one with both of our names.

I submitted a third report to the link above, this time I attached a photo of the account, my photo ID, AND a copy of my restraining order (which states his name and my name). Within minutes they emailed me that the account was taken down.

I have printed and saved all correspondence with Facebook. I will let your site know what legal action I may take to document that this has happened to me, such as making a police report.

Because of the brief period I was able to login to one account I could see that the account was being used in the town where my former spouse lives. Although it is not evidence incriminating him it is likely the incident was related to him.

Thank you everyone for helping me, the accounts are gone. I feel so much relief.
May thanks for the follow-up. This info will be very helpful to others in the future. Congratulations!