Extending Frozen Flight with 1 Year Expiration Date

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 5, 2015
I can help you if you answer my questions.
I need to establish your Fare Basis Code and the owner of the fare, BA US or AA.
Do you have a copy of your eticket receipt? if so, pls post it.

Sep 6, 2015
I've read your original post a few times and I'm a bit confused. You froze the ticket so that you could stay longer correct? Im assuming that means you had to buy a one way ticket to get home. Was it cheaper to do that rather than changing the return date on your original ticket and paying the change fee (about $200-300 depending on the airline)? The value of half of a round trip fare is rarely half the cost of the ticket and I don't know this for sure, but isn't the frozen portion of your ticket subject to change fees as well? I realize this doesn't do anything to solve your problem but I think it has value for other readers. I think your best chance at using your fare is to ask the airline for help, acknowledging that you are asking for a huge favor and hope they show some mercy.

Feb 3, 2016
Original date issued: April 24, 2015
confirmation code
xxxxxxxx US Airways policies.
depart

PHL to BCN
Philadelphia, PA to Barcelona, Spain

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

return
PRG to PHL
Prague, Czech Republic to Philadelphia, PA

Saturday, August 15, 2015

FLIGHT # 7397
BA
Operated by British Airways
flight # 853

DEPART
7:00 AM
PRG
Terminal 1
AIRCRAFT
A320

ARRIVE
8:05 AM
LHR
Terminal 3
CABIN
Coach (V)

TRAVEL TIME
2h 5m
MEAL
Meal

SEATS
Xxxxxxx Email for receipt: xxxxxxx@gmail.com

Your updated reservation
Date issued: Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Please check in with British Airways online or at the airport beginning 24 hours before your flight. .
Confirmation code
xxxxxxx US Airways

Passengers
Passenger name Frequent flyer # (Airline) Ticket # Special needs

return
PRG to PHL
Prague, Czech Republic to Philadelphia, PA
Saturday, August 15, 2015

FLIGHT # 7397
Operated By British Airways

DEPART
07:00 AM PRG AIRCRAFT
Airbus A320
ARRIVE
08:05 AM LHR CABIN
TRAVEL TIME
2h 5m SEATS
MEAL Meal
Stop: Change plane in London, ENGL (LHR)

FLIGHT # 729
Operated By US Airways

DEPART
10:15 AM LHR AIRCRAFT
Airbus A330-300

ARRIVE 01:25 PM PHL CABIN Main Cabin

TRAVEL TIME
8h 10m SEATS
MEAL Lunch / Snack or Brunch

Cost summary

Total travel cost (1 passengers)

New ticket(Non-Refundable) Total
Adult

Fare Difference $116.50

Change fee ($300 x 1) $300.00

$416.50 Charged to
***********6029(American Express)
You paid USD $416.50

Oct 5, 2015
If your original ticket was issued on V-class, then you are entitled to a 12-month maximum stay. If you departed on June 10, 2015 then you have one-year from that date to return.