Expedia: Returning flight missing

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 3, 2018
Hi I booked a flight+hotel for Bahamas on March Break through Expedia.com. I received a confirmation email that said that it’s a roundtrip flight but the returning flight was missing. I called them and their costumer care transferred me to his supervisor. He said that it’s not your fault and he is going to discuss that with his colleagues and reach out to me within 48 hours. Nothing happened. The Second time I contacted them and told them about the issue. They told me to book a flight on my own and they will provide a refund for that. Which obviously I declined. Third time I contacted them through Facebook and they told me that I book the flight on my own. Elliott is working on my case rightnow. Although I have a confirmation email that says that it’s a roundtrip flight, do you think that it’s normal for a brand like Expedia and still not answering its costumers?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
No it’s not normal. And you did the right thing by not booking another ticket and waiting for a refund but trying to get them to fix it. But don’t wait too long - push them.

We have a company contacts tab on top of our pages. Read the info on the main page on how to write (leaving a week in between your letters). Since you have already dealt with Customer Service, write to the first executive shown
and tell him that time is of the essence and you were not called back as promised.

Give it a week for a response- they move to the next.

In the future- check prices on Expedia and book directly with the airline.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I agree with Carrie- they ask you to post here in case we have other ideas but because time is important here, I think you should wait for the writers - they will be able to get things addressed much faster.

John Galbraith

Staff Member
Director
Jan 22, 2017
Poole
@Neil Maley , @Mohammadpj stated that Elliott is currently working on it. If that's the case, @Mohammadpj I think you need to let them work on it. You contacting the execs may complicate the issue. Unless your advocate on Elliott advised you to post on the forums.
Just to clarify Dwayne has already contacted the company.

Mohammad - don't contact the execs at this time, as Carrie says that will only complicate matters. If however you don't anywhere i.e if there is no response even after Dwayne has chased it then do feel free to post again.