Expedia Misrepresented the Airline Class of Service, Premium Economy vs Economy

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 10, 2018
I am a travel agent trying to get Expedia to review an issue with airline tickets rebooked with an airline credit. It's been 31 days.

PROBLEM:
1. The value of my client's credit for a canceled flight was shorted: was supposed to be $1,365.20 but we only received $1,316.16.

2. In rebooking my clients, Expedia's agent/supervisor, told me that to use their credit the new tickets could only be reissued in the class of service originally booked. He said that was Premium Economy which I never recalled booking and told him so, since he was looking at it I gave him the benefit of doubt and thought maybe I had forgotten what class I booked. We ended up applying the credit to a PE class ticket.

When I went to assign seats I learned the reservation was booked in Economy. I went back to my client's canceled reservation and saw I had booked him in Economy class.

I have contacted Expedia numerous times and spent at least 5 hours phone time with them since February 8 2018. They said they needed to listen to the call but I've heard nothing from them. I've reached out to my agency rep with Expedia to no avail. As you probably know getting in touch with a specific person with authority there is next to impossible. I would appreciate any contacts you can provide to help me move forward.

By-the-way, one of their agents tried to get me to accept a $100 refund plus a $100 hotel credit which I declined.

Please let me know if you have suggestions for resolving this.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
As a travel agent - why are you booking through Expedia? Don't you have a GDS with your host? Expedia is the last place you should be booking tickets through - if there is a problem such as this - you are stuck with dealing with Expedia and not the airline directly.

We have company contacts on top of our pages. Look under travel agencies and find Expedia and start with the first executive since you have already been through Customer Service with no help. Read in the Company Contact page how to write to the executive (one at a time leaving a week in between)

Mar 10, 2018
Expedia has affiliate sites that it makes sense to book through in some instances. Most independent agents like me don't have a GDS or sell airline tickets. And yes, I did see the execs names and have reached out so hopefully they will take notice.

Mar 10, 2018
Are you booking through a GDS via your host? This is not the norm for me. I stay away from booking flights unless they are part of a preferred suppliers package because they are not worth the trouble and risk. This was done under special circumstances. Hindsight is always 20/20, no good deed goes unpunished? Now I just need to get Expedia to do what's right.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Are you booking through a GDS via your host? This is not the norm for me. I stay away from booking flights unless they are part of a preferred suppliers package because they are not worth the trouble and risk. This was done under special circumstances. Hindsight is always 20/20, no good deed goes unpunished? Now I just need to get Expedia to do what's right.
Yes. Feel free to contact me if you ever need help or a good host.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Don't you keep a copy of everything you book? The ticket class on the reservation would tell you if you booked economy or premium economy.

Mar 10, 2018
I am pleased to report that Expedia issued my client a refund yesterday. I still have to get clarification on the amount they paid but we at least got this far. I don't know if it was the email I sent to company execs that got the response or if Customer Care was already on it. Either way, I am relieved.