1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

Enterprise scratch on roof

Discussion in 'Ent/Nat/Alamo' started by TheCustomer, Jan 11, 2017.

1. TheCustomer

Hello
    We recently returned an enterprise rental and they claimed we scratch the roof of the car. We had declined their insurance. During the walk around I took a video of the car but not the roof of the car. I attempted to dispute the claim because I know we did not scratch the roof. Not to say that it couldn't have been done by someone else while in our possession but it also could have been there prior to us receiving the car.

Enterprise DRU called and said it was $290 in damages. They did waive the loss of use and diminishment of value but tacked on a $50 admin fee. He also stated that he came to the conclusion that we damaged the car because he found no prior report of the scratch on the roof. In my opinion, that is not sufficient proof. The scratch could have come from the previous renter and overlooked.

Can you tell me what are my options? I saw damage to roof or underside of car under the red flag area in your article. We rented using a Visa card as well. Would this be covered under Visa? I did read visa's rental protection policy but I'm confused about what they cover if I have car insurance. $1000 deductible.

Thanks
    TheCustomer

2. Carrie Livingston

Staff Member Advocate

Please follow the instructions in our how to deal with a claim sticky. I would call your cc company and see if you have coverage but read the sticky first. Start your document requesting claim with the DRU and help them ascertain who is responsible for the damage because you're sure it wasn't you. Do a simple search on the forums and you'll see many people who have encountered the same problem and had the claim dropped. Good luck!

3. Mxlppxl

Follow those steps Carrie posted...you can beat this...most likely they will not be able to produce the documents you request and thus will have to drop the claim.