1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

Enterprise rented me a damaged car

Discussion in 'Ent/Nat/Alamo' started by Jazzmine Ferrell, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Jazzmine Ferrell

Thank you so much for reading my email. I have a situation and I would love if you would be able to help me. I rented a car from Enterprise that was damaged. The problem is I didnt notice the damage until after I drove off the lot and parked at a store. I have a picture of the car where you can see the damage. The Enterprise worker who rented me the car never did a full walk around the car that was parked in high grass because she had on heels. I was shown the inside of the car and then insured there was no damage greater than a dollar bill and told to sign papers. The whole process took maybe 5 minutes. This being my first time renting a car, I took her word. Then after I returned the car, she called me a week later saying they found a big crack ( which I never saw ) and that they were filing a claim with my insurance. I received a call from an adjuster over a month later and called him back leaving a message and never got a return call. Then I got a letter in the mail, on a Thursday, saying I had until Saturday to pay over $757. I messaged costumer support and they said they sent it to the regional manager and again I got no response.
    This is what I sent to them :

Hello. I would like to make a complaint. I was rented a damaged car from an enterprise in *******, LA. My agent didn't even walk all the way around the car. She assured me that anything she saw was ok because it was smaller than a dollar bill. I took her word and signed the paperwork. I left and drove to Walmart. I took a picture of the car after I parked. In the picture you can see a black scratch on the bumper. I said nothing because I was assured nothing was wrong with the car that was dropped of the night before. I dropped the car off after 4 days knowing I had taken care of the car. Almost a week later I got a call saying they found a big crack in the car and that they are charging my insurance company. I told her I knew about the scratch on the bumper and the reason I said nothing and also that it was there when I left the lot. I was never shown any damage. I haven't even been told how much it will be. I have to pay for something that the driver before me did all because my agent didnt do a proper inspection and assured me that the damage was nothing. If i had done the damage i would not have a problem paying but i did not. I am so upset. Is there anything I can do?

Is there anything that can be done? I emailed a complaint address and they said they sent my complaint to the regional manager but I still haven't heard from him.

2. mmb

mmb

Dear Jazzmine — I have to seriously question how you can be so sure that the damage did not occur while you were in the store where you parked. Is there some more detail to that part of the story that you left out?
    Im going to guess that enterprise is going to prevail on this one as you have actually no solid proof that the car was already damaged.
    You can follow the instructions in the car thread and ask for the documents to be sent to you, which is their proof that the car was nit damaged at the time you drove it off of their lot and it is possible that they might not be able to do this.
    I think you should give it a shot and see what happens. Good luck.
    Use this
    http://forum.elliott.org/threads/how-to-deal-with-a-car-rental-damage-claim.1514/

3. Jazzmine Ferrell

The type of damage it was could not have happened while I was in the store. The lady said it looked like it was done by driving over a parking spot block. There were none at Walmart and you can see a small scratch in the picture I took. The majority of the damage is under the bumper.

4. mmb

mmb

ok, then use the link above and start writing email requesting the information as outlined. You must follow the formula as written to get good results.
    Email is best as you then have written documentation to having requested the information and the documents that are sent or not sent will help you in your endeavor.