1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

Enterprise Rent A Car Damage Claim after 2 Months of return!

Discussion in 'Ent/Nat/Alamo' started by Rowela, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Rowela

I received a Claim for damage of the rental car in my mailbox dated Aug. 28, 2017. The car was returned on June 26/27 2017. I NEVER received any call nor ANYONE has ever notified me of this. I have rented the car in Enterprise Hyannis which is our family's go-to car rental company. And apparently, the employee who picked up the rental car is Enterprise Buzzards Bay. I only knew this simply because Chris from Enterprise Buzzards Bay called me to TELL ME that they are filing a claim and he only called me on Sept. 29, 2017! No calls nor any documents that they asked to be signed for the damage back in June.

Chronology of event below:
    • I started the rental with Enterprise Hyannis which is our go-to rental car branch by our family, on April 7, 2017 in which the start date for my car repair
    • I had the Hyundai SUV (Maryland Plate) for almost a month duration
    • After which, I was given the 2016 Ford Edge that was my rented car towards the second month of the 2 months duration of my car service and the representative of Enterprise Hyannis came to my office in Centerville to exchange the Hyndai SUV with the 2016 Ford Edge.
    • My Car which was under repair at Miracle Repair and Refinishing during these entire time
    • When my car was ready at around June 26 or 27, The owner of Miracle Repair and Refinishing, John, has delivered the car to my house in Mashpee and collected the 2016 Ford Edge without a damage, we have checked the car together.
    • The Ford Edge was collected by Enterprise Buzzards bay from Miracle Repair and Refinishing undamaged; I was informed by Miracle Repair owner and staff that they are willing to be the witness for all these since it was picked up from them
    • There were no documents provided by Enterprise to Miracle Repair and Refinishing that there were any issue nor damage to the Ford Edge.
    Summary of Communication Below:
    • I did not receive any call from Enterprise that day or anytime before September 29, in which Chris from Enterprise Buzzards Bay called me to say they are filing claim
    • I Suddenly received a Claim for damage in my mailbox with letter dated Aug.28, 2017
    • I called Enterprise Immediately as soon as I saw the letter during the last week of August since it has already been two months since I had that car.
      • I called Damage Recovery Unit at (866)300-4407 as per the letter and I was advised to call Jessica at (508)4271020 who apparently called me about this claim in which I did not get any voicemail message nor call on my phone.
      • I called Jessica and left a message but she NEVER called me back, until today.
      • I called DRU again and I was redirected to Naisha in which no answer and left a message too
      • I went over to Hyannis Enterprise to find out what is going on and the manager, John, has photocopied the letter that I have received and was told that he will call me back. I did not receive a call back that week.
      • I received a mail on Sept. 20, 2017 from Enterprise about the claim with photo and repair estimate of 2016 Fordge Edge letter in which Dated Sept. 7, 2017
      • I called John, Enterprise Hyannis to follow up on this issue, which was Sept 20 and left a message for call back.
      • John from Enterprise Hyannis called me back the same day and has informed me that he has emailed internal team to follow up on this and he has asked for the copy of photo that was sent to me in which i Sent the same day (Sept. 20, 2017) thorugh text message.
      • He has confirmed received and that he will follow up on this issue with a text reply.
      • Nisha from DRU called me back on Sept. 26, 2017 to inform me that they will do an investigation and will hold the claim until then
      • I received a call on Sept. 29, 2017 from Chris, from Enterprise Buzzards Bay about the claim and that they are proceeding with the claim and I was informed that there is nothing I can do but pay or get my insurance to pay.
      • I called Miracle Repair and Refinishing immediately about this and I was informed they are willing to testify on this and that the inspection that they claim there was damage was not taken from their facility. The photo is clear that the location is not their facility at all.
      • I Emailed DRU on Sept 29, to hold claim until all documents were provided to me for investigation
    The damage was big dents on the hood and one side of headlight broken, how could anyone miss this? Can anyone please help me with the executive level's contact to have a proper investigation on what is going on with Enterprise blaming their loyal customers of something we never caused? Would appreciate help from consumer advocates. This is a clear abuse of their own customers.

Who is the guy in Enterprise Buzzards Bay picked up the car? Who is that person in the photo with the report of damage.. Who saw that damage report because no one was notified of anything this entire time?
    new doc 2017-10-04 15.51.45_1.jpg new doc 2017-10-04 15.51.45_1.jpg

2. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

3. Rowela

Hi Neil,

Thank you for the reply. I seem to not be able to add reply to the thread that you linked to me anymore. I will send an email to the contacts of corporate offices and hopefully something will come out from there. it is really frustrating.

Thank you,
    Rowela

Neil likes this.
  4. Rowela

Hi All,

First of all, Thank you, Chris, for the email reply with helpful tips, and Thank you, Neil, for the article on how to handle damage claim (bogus claims against consumers!)
    http://forum.elliott.org/threads/how-to-deal-with-a-car-rental-damage-claim.1514/

I am not sure if my thread is being read here but I wanted to update everyone.
    I followed the Diplomatic way of emailing to Enterprise and their executives on my dispute although I have been frustrated, absolutely angry and emotional because of what they have done to me and the accusation saying they ascertain that damage was done under my care by Jessica who is the Regional Risk Manager who handled my case in Enterprise without investigating fairly and properly. I could not express how hopeless and angry I was considering it wasn't true! I am glad thou that the Service Center's owner John (Miracle Repair and Refinishing Inc) who picked up the Enterprise rental car undamaged from me and their team stood by me and signed a sworn statement that they did pick it up undamaged and their enterprise rep picked it up from their facility undamaged too! I received a call today from enterprise and that they are dropping the claim, after lawyer consultations, tears every night, I just am glad this is over.

I would recommend for everyone who rent a car to make sure that you take a photo and they sign off that the car is returned and undamaged! I hope for no one to go through what I went through!

J Jeter and Carrie Livingston like this.
  5. Carrie Livingston

Staff Member Advocate

Great news @Rowela , thanks for coming back to update us!

J Jeter likes this.
  6. Rowela

You’re welcome @Carrie , I think it’s important that consumers are protected from bogus claims or any forms of fraud. It’s relieving that there are people like you guys who help hopeless people like me!

7. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

We actually have a thread in the car rental forum on how to protect yourself when renting a car. Taking pictures of a video when picking up AND dropping off are essential. My wife does it whenever we rent a car. The car rental folks think she's insane, but we've never been stuck with a false claim yet.

8. Rowela

I saw that too and I would definitely do that from now on. Thanks @Neil !

9. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

My wife just came back from Virginia and told me when she was filming the car before she took it, there was a woman renting a car next to her that thought she was nuts. She explained to the woman why she was taping and about these false claims and the woman pulled out her phone and started taking pictures of the car she was renting too.

joycexyz and mmb like this.
  10. Rowela

I’m really thankful for advocates like you that definitely help others like us!

11. SunflowerLinda

I take excessive pictures of the outside ( roof included) and inside. Interesting note, taking my pictures at Avis car rental in Orlando on return of car and one of the agents smiled and gave me the thumbs up. The agents know what the car rental company they work for is doing to boost there revenue but these agents also need their jobs. Take pictures, take pictures and get all paperwork. It may slow you down by a few minutes but it is nothing like the time you will put in later when that false claim comes in the mail.

Neil and joycexyz like this.
  12. Rowela

Definitely a lot of Work, time and cost involved when you have to defend yourself for such claims! Thank you @SunflowerLinda for the note. Taking pictures before and after is definitely a must these days!

Neil likes this.
  13. sas80

Staff Member Advocate

Capture the employees in the pictures, the buildings, etc, anything that shows the circumstances, time, people, of your rental. And do the same on return

Neil likes this.
  14. Rowela

Will do in the future. Thank you @sas80

15. sas80

Staff Member Advocate

It's really getting to the point where you have to video the entire rental and return process

Rowela and Neil like this.
  16. joycexyz

And have a visual record of every inch of the car, inside and out. Make it as difficult as possible for the vultures to come after you.

Rowela, sas80 and Neil like this.