Enterprise damage claim dispute

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 25, 2021
I am writing to you today in an effort to resolve an issue with a damage claim #, after having contacting the recovery unit an

Here are the details:

• On July 31st 2020 I rented a car from Enterprise in Salisbury, MD for two weeks (Agreement #)
  • The morning of the fifth day the vehicle would not start so I contacted the customer care line, the car ended up being towed and the office provided a replacement.
  • In January 2021, Enterprise sent me a bill of $13,476.58 for damages to the car.
  • When I inquired about the damages they stated that it was marked as a flood loss and the vehicle was totaled.
  • My receipt shows an starting milage of 33933 and and ending milage of 34025 (92 miles driven) on the odometer. I did not drive the vehicle in any water nor did it rain during the rental period.
  • The assessment clearly indicates that there was no moisture found anywhere in the car.
  • The car was previously rented from Houston, Texas 21st of July 2020 and driven to Maryland on the 25th of July 2020 (same time period as Hurricane Hanna hit Houston and most of the South). The car was detailed before I got it.

Given that information, I respectfully request that the claim be closed in my favor.

Thank you for your time and consideration

Note. I can forward all documents that validate my claims

Is this a good format to send?

Jan 25, 2021
Again she never replied to my email, but damage recovery sent me an email saying that the Area Rental Manager finalized their investigation and are still holding me responsible.
Is the only thing left to do now is to get in contact with a lawyer?