Enterprise Again

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 2, 2017
hello,
I had a rental vehicle while my car was being repaired. The famous walk around and the agent is 10 feet ahead of me. I'm informed we are only looking for damage of a certain size. I get to a the driver side of the vehicle and the lower rocker panel has a crease/dent in it. The attendant informs me she already has marked this damage. I am offered the insurance and told I would need it because trucks always get damaged. I decline the offer.

I take the vehicle back and a few hours later I receive email about a claim. The insurance company tells me to call them and find out what it is about or wait on the adjuster. I called the branch and get asked what did I back into that there was damage to the rear of the vehicle and if I had any questions the DRU would be in touch. I know that if I backed into something I would know this right? So upon getting the actual claim info it is not for any rear damage but the exsisting damage the attendant had claimed she noted. It gets better so I look at my rental agreement and the damage is behind the wheel she has it marked in front of the wheel. The pictures of the area in question there is no damage in front of the wheel in any photos . I am referring to enterprise and my adjusters photos.

The last I heard was the adjuster was waiting on the supporting documents. I have emailed him 2 times about getting letters from DRU. The last claims ....upon our review you are responsible, request insurance info or cc payment,an invoice, estimate,6 vehicle pics.

I emailed enterprise customer care of this claim and what has occurred. The branch manager emailed me to get in contact with him at the branch to sort this claim out.

Feb 9, 2016
Step one, email the branch manager to see how he proposes to sort it all out. Do not call him because he will say one thing and you have nothing to back up what he said. It is also important that you start a paper trail.

If the branch manager can't resolve it in your favor then come back here and let us know and we will Coach you on what to do next.

Oct 2, 2017
Ok thanks for the reply. So should I still seek the original rental agreement or any other documents at this time as well?

Feb 9, 2016
Ok thanks for the reply. So should I still seek the original rental agreement or any other documents at this time as well?
I would email and see what the manager has to say first. There is always time to start this process.

Oct 2, 2017
I replied with what time I was available after due to my job and would a certain time work for him. I had called and left a message on the cell number provided before posting this. So today is Sunday and I have heard nothing else.

I think before I knew this site exsisted I was just going to go to the local news to do a story about it all. They do some kind of investigation or look into things for people from what I have seen in the past.

So at this point I am waiting on a reply from the branch manager.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Stop dealing with the local office and use our company contacts to the corporate offices. Start with the Customer Service email and give them a week to respond. If they don't, or don't help, write to the first executive listed.

Repeat weekly if necessary.

Oct 2, 2017
So based on email to customer service and a response from escalations support coordinator that they had forwarded to the corporate office. It is time for next in line?

Feb 9, 2016
I replied with what time I was available after due to my job and would a certain time work for him. I had called and left a message on the cell number provided before posting this. So today is Sunday and I have heard nothing else.

I think before I knew this site exsisted I was just going to go to the local news to do a story about it all. They do some kind of investigation or look into things for people from what I have seen in the past.

So at this point I am waiting on a reply from the branch manager.
You may want to call the branch, let the CS person know that you and the branch manager seem to be playing phone tag, and ask for his email address so that you and he can communicate easily without missing each other. then star your paper trail.

Oct 2, 2017
Called the branch managers cell provided in email from him. Emailed branch manager with when I would be available and if that would work for him. I do not work conventional hours is why I asked.

Feb 9, 2016
When branch manager replies to the email just tell him you work unconventional hours and you want to chat about the situation via email to make it easy for each of you, then dive in and ask if he has investigated the situation and what he thinks.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
So based on email to customer service and a response from escalations support coordinator that they had forwarded to the corporate office. It is time for next in line?
Has it been at least a week? Did you use the company contacts we have listed on our website and contact the customer service email?

If you have and it's been at least a week, write to the first executive listed in our site.

Oct 2, 2017
Ok thanks for everyone's input. I apologize, I think I lost everyone or wasn't 100%clear.

Ok so all this happened as follows:
-I rented the vehicle and she claimed to have marked the existing damage.

-upon returning the vehicle I get dinged with a claim for rear damage the guy tells me from enterprise .

-the actual claim was for the exsisting damage she said to have noted. I told my adjuster this and sent him rental agreement and questioned the whole thing. They agreed to not pay anything until they provided documentation. I have received 2 letters from DRU. (Last one says upon the review I'm responsible)

-the photos taken after claim by both parties show exsisting damage that was said to be noted. The agreement was marked in front of the wheel and not behind it (dent / crease was behind the wheel rocker panel). In no picture is there damage in front of the wheel.

- 10/3 I emailed customer svc. Of all this.

- 10/4 Received a response from escalations support they had forwarded to corporate.

-10/4 received email from branch manager to call branch and he hoped to sort the claim out and get to the bottom of it.

-10/4 I replied would after 7p work it was the earliest I could contact. No answer from them

-10/5 I called and left a message on the provided cell phone # . No response.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
It's time to start writing to the corporate contacts and forget about the local office. Use our company contacts and start at customer service using the bullet points you just posted and sending a copy of the photos you have.

This should be a simple open and shut case - the damage was existing, you have proof and they admitted it.

Oct 2, 2017
Nobody admitted anything. I am talking about the walk around before you take the car. She said to have noted the damage that was there on the rental agreement. She marked it as in front of the wheel and not behind the wheel where it actually was. So the photos show nothing there it is behind the wheel.

So in writing to corporate would you write to all involved so far or that you spoke to whomever already?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
No, you start at Customer Service, give them a week to reply. If they do t reply or they won't help, then you write to the first executive listed. Give him a week, then continue weekly up the executive chain if you have to.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I already wrote customer svc. That is how branch manager contacted me. I emailed and called him with no replies.
Then move to the first executive. Tell him you write to Customer Service, the branch manager called you, you returned his call and email and he never returned your call or email so you are asking the executive to get involved.

Feb 9, 2016
In situations like these, because no one is trying to threaten that you will be sent to collection yet, and the fact that it's been 5 days since you left a message, I wold take a breath and try to connect one more time with the manager.

Send an email acknowledging the call on 10/5. Mention that you haven't gotten a call back but you understand that the person is busy.

State something like

if you take a moment to look at the damage indication sheet that the employee wrote before i took the car, you will notice that she marked damage on the wheel well. This was supposed to be the indication of the damage in question, however she marked the damage inappropriately in the front. if you look at the actual car, you will see that there is no damage corresponding to her mark. She simply made a mistake when she marked the damage. After reviewing the situation, I would appreciate it if you could reply to this email and let me know that you are closing this claim.

I will follow up this email with a call to your cell to let you know that the email is here for your review.

Thanks!

Then call the cell and leave a message. The email and message time/date stamps will match. Screen shot your cell call log and save that.

Then I would wait 3 days

If no reply, escalate

Oct 2, 2017
I redid a bulleted email and escalated to executive level. In 5 days with 2 methods of contact I saw nothing occur. In my line of work I have 24 hours to reply to a customer or I have to answer to why from superiors. I will let you all know if anything further occurs.