Engine Malfunction Cause us over $4400 to Get Home

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Actually the we used Expedia to book our flights. When it became apparent that we would miss our flights, I connected with an agent at home that was a relative to see if they could help us. Remember it was a holiday weekend, so I was happy with whatever help they could give. It was Expedia that made the final arrangements.
I really am sorry this happened to you.... it could have happened to anyone and I have certainly had many near many near misses. Remember the Volcano that blew in Europe a few years ago? We were involved in that mess and ended up on a Regent ship that was used to house guests as a hotel for 5 days.

Expedia has zero customer assistance. For expensive trips like this please use a real Brick & Mortar TA . Your travel insurance help line would also have rebooked you.

Sep 23, 2016
I really am sorry this happened to you.... it could have happened to anyone and I have certainly had many near many near misses. Remember the Volcano that blew in Europe a few years ago? We were involved in that mess and ended up on a Regent ship that was used to house guests as a hotel for 5 days.

Expedia has zero customer assistance. For expensive trips like this please use a real Brick & Mortar TA . Your travel insurance help line would also have rebooked you.
I wish the NCL ship staff would have been more helpful....you would think they would have advised us about the travel insurance help-line...especially as we bought it thru NCL. On board it really was "everyone for themselves."

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
I wish the NCL ship staff would have been more helpful....you would think they would have advised us about the travel insurance help-line...especially as we bought it thru NCL. On board it really was "everyone for themselves."
Actually you should have brought that information with you. The ship is not selling the insurance. They are running a hotel.

Although the CruiseNext desk might have had the information if you asked.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2016
Actually you should have brought that information with you. The ship is not selling the insurance. They are running a hotel.
I hear you...but under the circumstances one would hope the hotel staff would be in a position to help/guide/direct the passengers what to do instead of letting chaos and frustration reign. That is what good customer relations should be all about.

Aug 29, 2015
Did you purchase travel insurance? What did it say about trip delay?

Sep 23, 2016
I did purchase travel insurance...it has a limit of $500pp, but less what is being offered by NCL, so the bottom line is I am not eligible for any payment from the ins co.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
I hear you...but under the circumstances one would hope the hotel staff would be in a position to help/guide/direct the passengers what to do instead of letting chaos and frustration reign. That is what good customer relations should be all about.
The cruise line only takes responsibility for passengers who purchased air thru their air program. In the future purchase your Travel Insurance thru an outside vendor like Squaremouth or thetripinsurancestore you want to check out their websites but then call and talk to someone. They will help you find a policy that fits your needs and budget. And explain all the different options.

John Galbraith

Staff Member
Director
Jan 22, 2017
Poole
we really need a travel insurance poem....maybe a travel insurance haiku
Travel insurance

When booking my holiday one day

Travel insurance is needed I heard you say

But for me everything always goes well

Nothing will go wrong, that is a is a myth I will dispel

There will be no accidents, no trips no falls,

No cancellations, so your suggestion, well it really appals

and your attempt to make me pay more for holiday

It is just wrong so travel insurance no way.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Travel insurance

When booking my holiday one day

Travel insurance is needed I heard you say

But for me everything always goes well

Nothing will go wrong, that is a is a myth I will dispel

There will be no accidents, no trips no falls,

No cancellations, so your suggestion, well it really appals

and your attempt to make me pay more for holiday

It is just wrong so travel insurance no way.
This is a very old post and the writer is no longer even reading responses. He hasn't been back since November 3. Please check the date of the last post before making new comments as it brings dead threads to the top of the forums and may push active ones off.