Edwards Hotel Detroit

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 20, 2015
I was at a church conference held at the Edwards hotel a couple of weeks ago and I had a question that no one at the hotel could answer. Why must you put up a credit card for the total stay if you are paying cash and will pay it upon check in. If skipping out on the bill is a concern doesn't cash take care of that. Now the strange ting is one church sent in money for there rooms in advance, so when they got there they only had to put up the $50.00 refundable fee. I guess I don't understand what the difference is between their cash and m cash. Is this just another travel industry got ya or is there a logical explanation. If so will one of you please explain it to me?

I tried to find someone in their corporate offices using your tips, but was unable to find any information on the new owners 600 town center LLC ( it was previously a Hyatt)

Sep 19, 2015
Why do they ask individual travelers for a credit card? So no one walks out with the minibar, flat screen tv, etc on the last day and the hotel has no easy way to get reimbursement,

Why accept cash from a church? Probably easier to sue if needed than an individual. It is all risk management ....

Aug 21, 2017
Now the strange ting is one church sent in money for there rooms in advance, so when they got there they only had to put up the $50.00 refundable fee. I guess I don't understand what the difference is between their cash and m cash.
Are you sure they sent cash through the mail? Depending on the number of people in their group, mailing a large amount of cash through the mail would be, well, unwise. (Mailing a small amount of cash through the mail is unwise, for that matter.)

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I was at a church conference held at the Edwards hotel a couple of weeks ago and I had a question that no one at the hotel could answer. Why must you put up a credit card for the total stay if you are paying cash and will pay it upon check in. If skipping out on the bill is a concern doesn't cash take care of that. Now the strange ting is one church sent in money for there rooms in advance, so when they got there they only had to put up the $50.00 refundable fee. I guess I don't understand what the difference is between their cash and m cash. Is this just another travel industry got ya or is there a logical explanation. If so will one of you please explain it to me?

I tried to find someone in their corporate offices using your tips, but was unable to find any information on the new owners 600 town center LLC ( it was previously a Hyatt)
Because if you damage anything in the hotel room they need a card to charge for the damages. They can't run after you to get the cash if they find a missing bathrobe.

I have no idea what m cash is

Sep 20, 2015
Sorry that should have said my cash not m cash. The other church sent a money order to cover just two rooms. But I get it. Didn't think about damages although there was no mini bar. Thanks for the explanation