Early morning car rental at Fort Meyers airport

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 7, 2018
We are arriving at Fort Meyers airport on a Saturday at 1:15 am. However, the earliest any of the car rentals open is 4:00 am. Any suggestions on how to get a rental car at the airport before 4:00 am?

Mar 17, 2015
Have you called and asked if any are still open? At my local airport, the rental agencies stay open until the last flight gets in, including delays. Not sure if that is standard practice or not, but the local airport is not that big, it has a whopping 5 gates.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
You have a tough one here. This is a list of car rental companies located at the airport- but I don’t see anything that is 24 hours.

You may have to consider taking a cab or Uber to your hotel and picking up a car later in the day.

Are you staying at a hotel that has a shuttle?

http://flylcpa.com/rentalcars/
This is exactly what I would do ... research the local taxi companies and make note of phone numbers in case there aren't any waiting at that hour. Better to book a hotel with a shuttle, have the phone number handy as well ... hotels may say they have 24-hour shuttle service, but you could be standing out at the curb for a long time waiting for one at that hour.

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Uber works well at RSW (FT Myers.). There is always an abundance there. I know because I always hear it from my driver, too many he says! But then, I’ve never arrived that late. Even so, I would guess that there would be enterprising Uber drivers there. Good to have a taxi number on hand just in case. The fare difference is unbelievable.