Disney Hotel Security Change?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 27, 2016
Guess they're worried about someone stockpiling guns in their room as in LV. Pit we can't deal with our absurdly lax gun laws, rather than having hotels feel the need to do stuff like this. That said, it's the Daily Mail, so, there's at least a 50pct chance the story is a blatant lie.

Jan 6, 2015
Guess they're worried about someone stockpiling guns in their room as in LV. Pit we can't deal with our absurdly lax gun laws, rather than having hotels feel the need to do stuff like this. That said, it's the Daily Mail, so, there's at least a 50pct chance the story is a blatant lie.
It's on other sites as well ...

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
To me,this is an example of what Arsenio Hall used to call "Things that make you go h-m-m-m-m-m

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5215373/Disney-resorts-add-new-security-measures.html

Hope it's not the future of hotel experiences ...
As with the TSA after 9/11, those in charge need to be seen as 'taking action'. We all have our opinions as to whether the TSA keeps us safe in the air, but "you have to do SOMETHING", and that's what the feds decided we'd do. Whether that action makes any sense or not is irrelevant. 'Gun laws' do not stop people from obtaining and using guns ... psychological attention is needed. Lack of a DND sign will barely inconvenience someone who wants to bring a bunch of guns into his hotel room. He needs a therapist to help him figure out why he wants to harm others.

Jan 6, 2015
I'm thinking of the guest who's sleeping when the knock comes (me!). Or the couple who are "enjoying themselves". Or the woman who's showering when they enter (seems like we had one of those posted here).

I foresee lawsuits over this, but of course I could be wrong ...

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I'm thinking of the guest who's sleeping when the knock comes (me!). Or the couple who are "enjoying themselves". Or the woman who's showering when they enter (seems like we had one of those posted here).

I foresee lawsuits over this, but of course I could be wrong ...
You're right ... except for the ultimate guest weapon ... the chain/bar on the door. I used to be 'pretty good' about it, but now am militant. Since the advent of 'open your hotel room with your phone', that little devil is on my door every minute I'm in the room. I really don't need some yahoo with his nose in his phone wandering into the middle of my room and wondering where he is.

Jan 6, 2015
You're right ... except for the ultimate guest weapon ... the chain/bar on the door. I used to be 'pretty good' about it, but now am militant. Since the advent of 'open your hotel room with your phone', that little devil is on my door every minute I'm in the room. I really don't need some yahoo with his nose in his phone wandering into the middle of my room and wondering where he is.
I agree. But we have always hung the sign for, among other reasons, if something disappears we can't prove that maintenance took it.

There must be a better, creative solution ...

Mar 25, 2015
cali
on yahoo the board is full of stories of people getting their stuff stolen. some trolls are saying "then don't travel with anything you don't want to lose!"

So i should just travel with my laptop in my purse at all times? or what about people who bring formal wear? just wear it all!

because we all know if something gets stolen "We don't have cameras on that floor," or "We asked the maid and she said she didn't take it, so case closed," etc.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Well it is true- if you can’t afford to lose it, don’t bring it.

You need to take as many precautions as you can
- use the safe
- use TSA locks
- don’t leave anything valuable out in the room.

Who who do you think you have to impress while traveling anyway?

Mar 25, 2015
cali
If I don't bring my laptop I can't get any work done. Many people traveling for business may, in fact, have people they need to impress with not only their clothing and accessories but also product- demos. And if you are traveling for a wedding or other formal occasion you may have lots of expensive accessories.

That said, TSA locks are probably the best option. The safe is sometimes too small for things like laptops or larger clothing items.

and yes, for the love of all that is holy never leave the room without items such as wallet, passport, and other things that are more valuable than any laptop or iphone.

:p

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We too have to bring a laptop when we travel because we work 7 days a week. Even putting valuables in the suitcase and locking isn’t fool proof because you can stick a pencil in the zipper and open the zipper anyway. But we like to think it’s discouraging.