1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Cruises: If you complain

Discussion in 'Cruises' started by Kelly Davis, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Kelly Davis

They stick ex-FBI spooks on you:

upload_2017-8-26_20-43-37.png

2. Kahhss

I'm not sure what you're trying to express here. Disney has a well-qualified director of security?

Also, "Spook" refers to the CIA. A "Fed" is the FBI (also known as a G-Man).

Mike Z, Mel65, jsn55 and 4 others like this.
  3. Algebralovr

Looks to me like they hired a qualified person to run security. What's the problem?

Mel65 likes this.
  4. Christina H

A lot of members of law enforcement work in the private sector security after retiring -- hotels, venues, construction sites. It appears that this person put in 25 years with the FBI, retired and transitioned to the private sector. Maybe he was not ready to play golf for the next few decades.

Do you have a specific concern. And as Kahhss pointed out former FBI agents are not "spooks".
    What was the complaint?

5. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

Why is this post even here? This actually should make you feel good that the head of security has a great background.

Mel65 and AMA like this.
  6. Just A Guy

Given the context, I would assume that Kelly lodged a complaint, and then discovered that Mr. DeJesus had looked him/her up on LinkedIn.

7. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

You are getting all of that from that post? A perspective I never thought about that's for sure.

But if anyone thinks that folks are not checking our their backgrounds or history if they are filing complaints or even looking to do business with them, they need to realize it's a new world out there.

8. Just A Guy

Certainly, some supposition on my part, but LinkedIn will show you who's looked at your profile, so I'm guessing that she saw that this person had looked at her profile.

Agreed.

krisseye, Neil and mmb like this.
  9. Kelly Davis

I got a call from their other spook Joseph Paris (you can Google him, he's pissed off enough people). We cancelled the cruise. Then their imbeciles ran the boat into a pier the week before departure.
    CAVEAT EMPTOR!

10. technomage1

Staff Member Forum Director

@Kelly Davis, did you have a specific issue you needed our help with? We're primarily a help forum vs a traditional one, which is why I'm asking. If not, that's fine, and I will close the thread.

Just A Guy, krisseye, ADM and 3 others like this.