Dish TV cancellation fee

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 2, 2017
January 2017 We switched to Dish TV and 2 weeks later they dropped our local TV NBC network. We waited it out for 2and 1/2 months frustrated as we watch NBC evening news and programming. We called to cancel and are slapped with a 450 dollar cancellation fee. I spoke with every available "higher" authority and received no assistance. Because we did not receive the promised goods I.e. NBC station we feel we are not obligated to pay the exorbitant cancellation fee. Our local NBC station is KCRA out of Sacramento. Also, California's capital city with NO NBC coverage is outrageous. Please help me with this problem. Can we dispute the charges on the credit card bill for not receiving the services they promise to provide?
Does this affect our credit rating? Thank you for your assistance.
Marilyn Reymann

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Check Just a Guys info, perhaps you don't have to cancel.

What did your contract say? Were there terms about canceling with no penalty? Some contracts give you 30 days to change your mind.

We need to know what your contract says.

Dec 12, 2014
Not sure what is in your contract with Dish, but mine states "All packages, programming, features, and functionality are subject to change without notice" which means they can add/drop channels as they please with little to no recourse on your side.