DirecTv tech forges my signature on work/order Att investigated found it true but refuses to assist

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 13, 2017
Very bad case. Tech did not fix my problem and left w/o asking me to sign the W/O. He then forged my signature on the w/o a legal contract document and AT&T did a real investigation, and the investigator found enough documentation to substantiate my claim.
Directv then put me in an automated queue that will not permit me to talk to anyone, and the claim I sent in as required, the ins co Sedgewick has blown me off since 9--7-2017.

Pretty crappy way to do business, even the investigator cant help me-so freaking sad.

Now going to try and seek a lawyer whom loves to sue DIRECTV for abusing customers.

anyone have that contact?> Need help as Directv is not worth an intestinal evacuation!

El Paso County (colorado) Sheriff case # "Forgery 17-48976"

Bob

Attachments

Sep 19, 2015
I am sorry I do not quite understand the problem. You say that you want the technician investigated for forging your signature. Isn't that something for the police? I am not a lawyer but I would think that the victim needs to make a complaint for prosecution, so you would need to go to the appropriate police station and make a complaint,

"Now going to try and seek a lawyer whom loves to sue DIRECTV for abusing customers.
anyone have that contact?>

I am sorry but I do not think anyone here is allowed to recommend legal counsel.

Aug 28, 2015
New York
Don’t bother calling an attorney bc the first thing he will ask for is a copy of the police report. Go into your precinct and file one. The police will investigate whether a crime was committed, etc.

You were not charged anything additional as a result, I assume. Also, you cannot force the business to fire an employee and I doubt the DA’s office will prosecute this as a felony anyway. If you feel strongly, and I respect that position, you just speak to a Detectjve at your precinct. That is all you can do right now, other than switch to company with more integrity.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Don’t bother calling an attorney bc the first thing he will ask for is a copy of the police report. Go into your precinct and file one. The police will investigate whether a crime was committed, etc.

You were not charged anything additional as a result, I assume. Also, you cannot force the business to fire an employee and I doubt the DA’s office will prosecute this as a felony anyway. If you feel strongly, and I respect that position, you just speak to a Detectjve at your precinct. That is all you can do right now, other than switch to company with more integrity.
He has a sherrifs report. I just don't understand what his issue is besides the forgery. Is there a monetary loss?

El Paso County (colorado) Sheriff case # "Forgery 17-48976"

Sep 19, 2015
Thank you Neil I missed the sheriff's report reference.

I am afraid I still do not understand -- technician came out to fix something, did not fix it, OP did not sign anything but then gets an email saying that the OP has authorized DirectTV to install and there was a forged signature.

The OP is afraid of identity theft -- but I am not sure if technicians have access to SS and other such account info.

And I also do not see any claim for monetary losses -- the OP lost time and was stressed.

A letter to one of the contacts may help but there should not be a threat of litigation in the letter.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Thank you Neil I missed the sheriff's report reference.

I am afraid I still do not understand -- technician came out to fix something, did not fix it, OP did not sign anything but then gets an email saying that the OP has authorized DirectTV to install and there was a forged signature.

The OP is afraid of identity theft -- but I am not sure if technicians have access to SS and other such account info.

And I also do not see any claim for monetary losses -- the OP lost time and was stressed.

A letter to one of the contacts may help but there should not be a threat of litigation in the letter.
I'm with you- I wish Bob would come back and fill us in.