Direct TV Issue

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 24, 2017
Wonderful DIRECT TV just did the same to me. I am very upset, I just returned my cable box back and I was budgeting to pay my Cancellation fee with my next check. Now all of the sudden I have 100 dollars left in my bank account. They just took out $400 WITHOUT my authorization. They used the CARD I paid with monthly (NOT ON AUTO PAY)
I feel like I have been robbed!!!!!! I have a very important payment due this week. I am disputing this charge I am VERY upset.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Take a deep breath. Technically, you haven't been robbed, but it must surely feel that way. I cannot imagine how angry you must be. Did you talk with your bank today? What did they tell you? How will they help you? What was the $400 for? What kind of paperwork do you have on the terms of your cancellation? Take another deep breath, come back to us, we can figure out something.

Nov 20, 2015
I am familiar with this area because I recently cancelled my Direct TV service.

Unless you sign up for auto pay, you do have to authorize charges to your card each month to continue your service.

However, with cancellation, this is stated in the customer service agreement online:

(e) Payment Upon Cancellation. You acknowledge that you have provided your credit or debit card account information to us. You understand that you will incur fees and charges as a result of your receipt and use of Service and/or Receiving Equipment, and may incur early cancellation fees and/or equipment non-return fees (as specified in any lease, programming or other service commitment agreement you entered into). By giving us your credit or debit card account information at any time, you authorize us to apply this method of payment, in accordance with applicable law, to satisfy any and all amounts due upon cancellation.

Unfortunately, they had the right to debit your account. Sorry for the bad news.