Delta Economy Comfort Plus to Paris

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 10, 2015
When we flew to Marseilles via Paris and back this summer, we paid the $89 each to upgrade our economy tickets to economy comfort plus. This was primarily for the extra leg room, seats closer to front of the plane, early boarding and room for carry-ons. However, there were a few extra benefits I wanted to pass along. Our boarding passes were zoned "SKY", which seemed to have endowed us with preferred status for other parts of the flight.

When going through passport control in Paris (both going and coming back), we got to go into the "preferred" line, which was a lot shorter than the regular line. Easily saved us 45 minutes each way (which was kindof key on our flight back, as we had a shorter connection).

Also on the way back, we got to use the shorter Air France "preferred" line to drop off our luggage. I don't know if this would have been the same when we flew to Paris, we didn't ask. We actually only found out about the preferred status for 'everything' when we were allowed to board early for our Air France Paris to Marseille flight.

Easily the best $89 per person ever spent.

Apr 10, 2017
Yes, Delta does offer some extra perks besides just the extra legroom. The SKY designation used to be for First/Business and Zone 1 was the Comfort section. Now F/B is called Premium and SKY is for Comfort. They go to Zone 1 and so on after that. On domestic and Caribbean flights they include unlimited alcohol and upgraded snacks. You do get more for your money than Main Cabin Extra on AA.

Did you only have to pay $89 round trip for the whole transatlantic trip? It usually costs more than that to upgrade a short domestic flight.

Mar 10, 2015
It was $89 per person for the PHL to CDG flight. But our boarding passes included the CDG to MRS flight as well, and even though that part of the boarding pass didn't indicate a "zone", the PHL to CDG had zone "SKY", so the gate attendants accepted it.

And then it was another $89 for the return flight with the same double boarding pass.

So it was $89 each way, for $188 extra total. Still worth it, especially since our flights were less expensive this year (I presume some people avoided France because of attacks, so less demand - our flights were not full) and we had the $200 vouchers each from last year's Delta computer meltdown.

Oh, I suppose one other perk was that not all of the seats in the comfort plus section were filled. On the flight out to Paris, which was just my husband and I, we reserved 2 of the 3 seats in our half-row, but the third was never filled, so we got even more extra room. it was the same on the way back, where it was my entire family of 4, and we reserved 4 of the 6 in the entire row, but only 5 were filled, so I got some extra room.

Apr 10, 2017
That's still a great price and well worth it. I'm impressed you managed to have empty seats both ways.

I hope you're feeling better after the back problems.

Mar 10, 2015
Yes, my back is feeling better. My chiro has helped a lot. No flight plans for a while, so my back will have time to heal better. thank you.

Jul 13, 2016
Regarding the priority lane at CDG for passport control, the last three times I used it, the line took longer than the longer non-priority line--the priority lane has 2-3 windows, and the regular lane has 6-8 windows, so even though the line was longer, it went faster than my lane.

Mar 10, 2015
Regarding the priority lane at CDG for passport control, the last three times I used it, the line took longer than the longer non-priority line--the priority lane has 2-3 windows, and the regular lane has 6-8 windows, so even though the line was longer, it went faster than my lane.
I must depend on the time of day/year. During our trip, arrive mid-august, depart early september (am travel), both times there were a total of 2 windows open, one for each line. Most likely, the majority of passport control officials were on holiday.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I have seen the 'regular' line move faster than the FastTrack at Heathrow ... but you never know. Last time I waited for one of the two agents, but the big carts full of people with disabilities or elderly passengers kept coming up and the agents would take them first. Still didn't wait more than 10-15 minutes, but it was quite comical ... you think you're next and boing! up comes another cart. I'd never complain, because my luck with passport/immigration has been spectacular over the years.