Delta Comfort + for Medallion Members on/after May 16th

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
Delta's new rules come into effect for travel on or after May 16th 2016. You will no longer be able to select Delta Comfort + seats for free at booking time if your Medallion level allows you to do so. However you can do so after the booking is complete by selecting the box (which is NOT selected by default) to upgrade for free to Delta Comfort + at time of booking. If you forget to do so during booking, you can go back in and select it by managing upgrades. I just wanted to alert people because I made the mistake of not checking the box at first and then couldn't figure out what it wanted to charge me when I knew that it wasn't supposed to. More information is here

Reactions: AMA

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I hear you, Barry! I used to be able to pick the exit row/bulkhead on United's little planes at the time of ticketing, but they cut that out several years ago. Now I have to set an alarm so I check in for my flight 23hrs and 59mins ahead, then I can have one of those seats without charge. You're lucky that Delta lasted this long with this lovely perk.

So far, I think United's best trick is allowing me to upgrade with miles at the time of booking, say to Chicago with a connecting flight to Lexington. I would always get a good seat on the little plane at the time of ticketing, but now I have to wait. I called UA a couple of years ago to whine about having a seat in first class and an awful seat on the connecting flight, but they were uninterested in changing their procedure.

Reactions: AMA

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
Thanks Judy. For Delta Platinum it's not so bad, you can still select the seats as soon as the booking is complete.

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
It's not all rosy though, I just noticed that if companions are traveling, rather than everyone being able to upgrade to Delta Comfort at booking time, the window is based on the lowest status in the group.