1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

Crystal Springs Water - bugs in water cooler

Discussion in 'Need contacts?' started by pscardina, Oct 2, 2017.

1. pscardina

I am interested in contact information for corporate execs. Received water cooler from them and it had bugs crawling over it and in the water. Contact with 800 number resulted in very little except a promise to bring new cooler right away (which because of holiday and them being late was not right away) and reducing cooler cost a couple of dollars for one month.

2. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

What kind of compensation are you looking for?

3. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

What else would have had them do?

4. pscardina

Honestly, I do not know the answer to that question. We feel totally violated and unheard. Our cooler was replaced because of malfunction. We did not notice anything right away and then there must have been a hatching because bugs were crawling all over the cooler (they were black and hard to see as the cooler is the same color). We have pictures of mugs full of bugs and my husband taped a whole page of dead bugs for them to see. We put the cooler outside immediately and called Crystal Springs. We received an “Okay, we’re sorry,” and will replace immediately. Because this was Friday and a holiday, their immediately was 5 days later. I stayed home that day and they never showed up. I called to inquire and they said they’d check and call me right back. No word and no show. The next day I couldn’t stay home. We left the cooler and sheet of bugs for them to see. We found another cooler but no notation, comment or anything. It was not new as evidenced by the wear right on the front of the cooler. I called again trying to get them to understand how we feel about ingesting bugs, searching our house now for future infestations and how indignant we felt that no one cared and they couldn’t even be bothered to send a new cooler. They said sorry they tried to get a new cooler but they are not always available. I was shocked and ask if they could understand how we felt. Heard sorry again and that they would get back to us after they inspected the cooler. Of course, no call came and when I called basically they said they were going to credit our account for the cooler fee (under 10). I tried to talk to a supervisor or someone up the chain but to no avail. The rep would not give her name. I truly feel this has happened before and they are given instructions on how to respond and hope we will go away.

We are not new customers of Crystal Spring. We have been with them since 1997 and have referred others. Given how much we have paid Crystal Springs monthly for 20 years, I feel their response was a slap in the face. I have been unable to get other contact information to take this further. We have been waiting for them to do the right thing and acknowledge our feelings. It is probably time for us to cancel our service as it is clear they do not care. We have pictures of the mugs full of bugs and the sheets of dead bugs. Perhaps it is time for a media blitz – Would you like your crystal springs water with or without bugs?

I apologize for the length of this note. Guess someone hearing and asking the questions I felt a Crystal Springs upper level representative unleased it all.

5. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

If they scheduled a day to be there and didn't show - you do have a gripe with them. The only thing they can really do is to replace the thing.

Do they have a Facebook or Twitter account? Posting a picture there might get a response.

If it were me - I would certainly be canceling my service - speaking with your wallet is sometimes the only thing that works. They can't be the only company that offers water coolers.

mmb, jsn55, sas80 and 1 other person like this.
  6. sas80

Staff Member Advocate

I'd cancel as well.

jsn55 likes this.
  7. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

jsn55 likes this.
  8. technomage1

Staff Member Forum Director

I third the cancel vote. I use a tap filter and find it works quite well as well as being economical.

jsn55 and Neil like this.
  9. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

agree
    I agree with my colleagues - cancel the service. Who wants to do business with a company this poorly managed? I know that you are disgusted and frustrated with the company, but they're not going to 'apologize', obviously they couldn't care less about the kind of awful service they are giving you.