1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

Costco is Great--Tires!

Discussion in 'Retailers' started by MVFlyer, Jan 4, 2018.

1. MVFlyer

For a change, I don't want to complain--this may be preaching to the choir, but I have some kudos for Costco that I want everyone to know about. (Disclosure: I have been a Costco member since they merged with Price Club many years ago, and I have always thought they were fantastic).

Back in November, I bought a new set of tires for my car at Costco. (And their prices installed were much better than the competition) Nothing unusual there...but the other day I hit a curb and put a gouge in one of the tires. I made an appointment to see if it was fixable--I described the damage to the tire center, and without even looking at the tire they said "it's only 2 months old--you're getting a new tire". I thought for sure I would have to pay something toward it since sidewall damage normally isn't covered, but he gave me the bill and it read "zero". 45 minutes later, brand new tire on my car.

Now you know how Costco maintains its clientele.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  2. SierraRose49

I am also a longtime member of Costco and also when its was known as Price Club. I suggest you might drop a line about your very pleasant experience to the manager of the Costco store where you made your purchase and mention the names of the Costco employees who assisted you. Costco contact info is also listed here under Company Contacts, and then under Retail.

3. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

Look - they refunded some woman who took her dead Christmas tree back! I would have been too embarrassed to even THINK of doing this.

AMA, krisseye and John Galbraith like this.
  4. John Galbraith

John Galbraith Research Director
    Staff Member Advocate

wow it was tree-mendous that they took it back. Like you I would have been too embarrassed to do so. I would have leafed it alone.

5. George M

krisseye and John Galbraith like this.
  6. Its Not Me

Depending on the part of the country you are in you can do much better in price than costco.

And get the same or better service.

I use Americas / Discount Tire - they match costco installed prices, also provide free flat repair, rotation and road size hazard guarantee as part of the purchase.

Plus - unlike Costco there are a million of them - and generally does not require a 2 hour wait to get service. [Thats the prob in Calif - too many people = long waits for everything].

They also have all sorts of credit back deals - I got $100 off last year on Cyber monday because no one buys tires as part of the pre Christmas rush!

jsn55 likes this.
  7. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

8. joycexyz

And it makes no sense for them to have taken it back. I can see the returns line now...

John Galbraith likes this.
  9. Bergman

Might need to add a to our comment section for puns

10. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

I get so tired of this internet news. Did the woman buy a live Christmas tree planted in a pot? Or did she originally purchase a cut tree? Live trees are much more expensive, obviously. The cut tree, of course, was dead immediately ... but when I buy live Christmas trees, I always plant them out after the holidays, so I would be upset if the thing died.

11. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

I agree. I found this story ridiculous and so did the guy behind her - he was so outraged he took the picture.