Contacts for Uncle Julio's restaurant

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 20, 2017
I hope someone can help! I am looking for the corporate contacts for Uncle Julio's. My husband slipped on a wet men's room floor three weeks ago and fractured his shoulder. Unfortunately, he did not take a picture to document the lack of a wet floor sign (the floor appeared uniformly wet, as though just mopped, from his vantage point on the floor). The manager immediately placed a sign in front of the door when my husband reported his fall and filed an incident report.

The following week, my husband called and spoke with a general manager and a guest relations rep, but no one has returned the promised phone calls. In addition to the phone calls, we made an educated guess at the email for the guest relations rep and sent him a polite request for the needed information a week later. The email was not kicked back, but it also has not been answered.

We are trying to follow all of your instructions on contact with the corporation and want to handle everything in writing, but we would be happy with any further contact at this point to ensure that we are reimbursed for out-of-pocket medical expenses beginning in January for physical therapy and additional doctor appointments. Our insurance is covering expenses right now but has asked for a case number and a contact for Uncle Julio's insurance company.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did your husband complete an accident report at the restaurant before he left? Without that you might face an uphill battle if there were no witnesses

Where is Uncle Julios? Is it a chain? If not, it seems the easiest was to find out who owns it is right through the restaurant - simply go in and ask. Many restaurants also have a sign hanging somewhere stating the company's name.

If it's a chain, you can ask our researchers for help:

http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/

Good luck.

Carol Phillips

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 28, 2014
Coastal South Carolina
I searched and Uncle Julio's appears to be a chain in at least 6 major metro areas, founded in 1986. Their HQ is:

Uncle Julio’s Corporation
1101 N. Union Bower, Suite 160
Irving, Texas 75061
E-mail: info@unclejulios.com

You've been in touch by phone, with no replies, and please be sure you're keeping a journal of your phone calls, who you spoke with and what (if anything) transpired, as well as all medical records (was he transported by ambulance to the hospital?). You're right to want to keep it all in writing and once you DO make contact be sure you keep a trail of all correspondence.

I'm not a skilled researcher but I found

Mr. Tom Vogel
Chief Executive Officer and President

Sean Stevens
Director of Marketing

Phone: 972-554-6886

You could phone the HQ and ask for the Customer Service Dept and from there inquire about how to obtain the info your insurance company is requesting.

I certainly hope your husband recovers 100% and you are able to pursue this matter quickly. Please keep us posted....

Last edited:

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
How awful, Kathy, I'm glad he's better now. Shoulders are tough. I would think a restaurant trains their staff to not discuss any kind of accident with anyone, any time. I like cp's advice ... submit your claim in writing and that should get them to contact their loss prevention people and get something rolling for you. Good luck and please do let us know the outcome.

Sep 19, 2015
I have never heard of the restaurant chain either. I do not think that the restaurant employees will speak, they are afraid of saying the wrong thing and a lawsuit. I agree with the comments on sending a letter, return receipt requested. Hope your husband feels better soon.

Nov 20, 2017
Thank you all for your help and good wishes! Uncle Julio's is a chain; we visited the N. Ft. Worth, TX, location. My husband filed a claim with the mgr. on duty before I took him to the ER. However, we didn't ask for a copy of the claim paperwork. We are keeping records of all dr. appointments and medical procedures.

I think we will follow CP's advice to call the corporate office to contact someone else and try to escalate this up the chain, as well as send a letter. We have tried to do this electronically but hadn't considered snail mail!

My husband has kept records of phone conversations with restaurant/corporate reps: the GM (Jordan McCormick), who referred us to the Guest Relations rep (Jeremy Peruski). Mr. Peruski stated that he had been in contact with their insurance rep, who would then contact my husband within 3 business days. That was over 3 weeks ago.

My husband sent follow-up emails to both of them, but neither has responded to them, and we have not had any other contact with anyone from the restaurant or corporate office.

I truly appreciate all your suggestions! My husband is healing well so far with his shoulder immobilized and relying on his personal chauffeur (me!) while he works from home. The lack of communication from Uncle Julio's is as frustrating as the inconvenience and discomfort of recuperation from a preventable accident. Right now, it feels as though they hope we just go away and leave them alone.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Thank you all for your help and good wishes! Uncle Julio's is a chain; we visited the N. Ft. Worth, TX, location. My husband filed a claim with the mgr. on duty before I took him to the ER. However, we didn't ask for a copy of the claim paperwork. We are keeping records of all dr. appointments and medical procedures.
I think we will follow CP's advice to call the corporate office to contact someone else and try to escalate this up the chain, as well as send a letter. We have tried to do this electronically but hadn't considered snail mail!

My husband has kept records of phone conversations with restaurant/corporate reps: the GM (Jordan McCormick), who referred us to the Guest Relations rep (Jeremy Peruski). Mr. Peruski stated that he had been in contact with their insurance rep, who would then contact my husband within 3 business days. That was over 3 weeks ago.

My husband sent follow-up emails to both of them, but neither has responded to them, and we have not had any other contact with anyone from the restaurant or corporate office.

I truly appreciate all your suggestions! My husband is healing well so far with his shoulder immobilized and relying on his personal chauffeur (me!) while he works from home. The lack of communication from Uncle Julio's is as frustrating as the inconvenience and discomfort of recuperation from a preventable accident. Right now, it feels as though they hope we just go away and leave them alone.
"Right now, it feels as though they hope we just go away and leave them alone." You are SO RIGHT, Kathy! But you now have the tools to get this settled and know that it will take patience and persistence. Very good to know that your husband can work from home.

Nov 20, 2017
After several more calls and emails, again with either empty promises or no responses, my husband finally received a call this week from Uncle Julio's insurance company. I looks like we're finally getting somewhere! Just in time as we now have to pay out of pocket for dr. visits and impending PT rehab for the injured shoulder. Thank you all again for you helpful advice.