Comcast - Not honoring its price promise

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 6, 2017
On 3/1, I called up comcast to disconnect my xfinity internet services.

The customer service representative offered me a better deal by lowering price & threw in blast speed (without any cost) as well for 12 months. I agreed & decided to continue.
I had recorded entire conversation where the representative is very clearly confirming this new lower price.

On 3/2, I chatted back with comcast to confirm these changes. On the chat as well they confirmed that price has been lowered & blast speed (without any cost) has been given for 12 months.
I also have saved this entire chat along with chat id.

On 3/5 when I checked my new bill, the price was not reduced at all.

I feed cheated. Comcast promised me a lower price based on which I decided to continue with them. However now they are not honoring their promise.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did you call them? I had the same issue with Verizon and it took a couple of months but they corrected the bill.

This is not uncommon and a phone call usually fixes it. Also your first bill might have more than a months worth of charges so it might only be high for one month.

Mar 6, 2017
I called them up. They said we no longer have this package & cannot offer you lower price.

Bill was generated on 3/5 for period 3/6 - 4/5.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Here are our contacts for Comcast. Send them a copy of the transcript from the conversation and tell them you spoke to the rep. just a few days ago and if the package was not available the rep. Should not have sold it to you and you expect them to honor the price.

Give customer service a week to reply. If they say no or don't reply by next Monday, write to the first executive listed. wait another week and if refuse, repeat this process weekly until you get through the CEO. If they still do not honor it you have the option of filing a complaint with the FTC.

http://elliott.org/company-contacts/comcast/

Carol Phillips

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 28, 2014
Coastal South Carolina
On 3/1, I called up comcast to disconnect my xfinity internet services.

The customer service representative offered me a better deal by lowering price & threw in blast speed (without any cost) as well for 12 months. I agreed & decided to continue.
I had recorded entire conversation where the representative is very clearly confirming this new lower price.

On 3/2, I chatted back with comcast to confirm these changes. On the chat as well they confirmed that price has been lowered & blast speed (without any cost) has been given for 12 months.
I also have saved this entire chat along with chat id.

On 3/5 when I checked my new bill, the price was not reduced at all.

I feed cheated. Comcast promised me a lower price based on which I decided to continue with them. However now they are not honoring their promise.

You were incredibly smart to keep a copy of the chat that promised the new deal. We've seen numerous posts from Comcast customers with similar issues about their Customer Service. Good for you for following up to make sure you got what you were told.

Since Comcast promised you Blast speed for the next 12 months, their "out" of saying they don't offer the package any longer doesn't hold water.

I suggest following @Neil 's advice to the letter. Retire your phone and keep communication in writing from this point. It adds to your paper trail (I don't think we have to remind you to keep a copy of the messages you send :) ).

Please let us know what transpires.

Feb 9, 2016
Call centers, agent based services, are typically contracted entities between the actual name brand company and the agent based service company. In this case, Comcast is contracting with an agent based service to handle their call center traffic.

The agent based company contracts with the name brand company to provide the help on behalf of the name brand company. The name brand company provides the agent company with training materials and the computer environment or the customer service agent to work from.

The agent-based services post job openings, interviews and hires the cs agent and trains them and sits them down at the call center to take the call.

All call centers are at least audio-recording the phone calls, some of them are also required to screen capture the call, screen capture/video is at the direction of the namebrand company, but everybody audio records.

The chain of command at these call centers is:

Cs agent
Manager
Floor Supervisor
Site director

The direction would be to start with the Cs agent and if no resolution can be found there to ask for the manager and try to resolve, then to ask for the floor supervisor and try to resolve, then ask for the site director and try to resolve

If you cant get resolution then you probably just need to cancel, as you originally intended to do.

Apr 3, 2016
The other option is when you call to ask for the customer retention department. They can often offer deals not available to be offered by regular customer service reps.

Jan 8, 2015
The other option is when you call to ask for the customer retention department. They can often offer deals not available to be offered by regular customer service reps.
Yes, the customer retention department is the only one I've run into with a cable company that can actually do something about the rates. The cable company is also the only one I have run into with a customer retention department. Record that call as well because they will lie to you as they have lied to me. (with Time Warner, now Spectrum.)

Mar 6, 2017
Yes, the customer retention department is the only one I've run into with a cable company that can actually do something about the rates. The cable company is also the only one I have run into with a customer retention department. Record that call as well because they will lie to you as they have lied to me. (with Time Warner, now Spectrum.)
Yes. I have been talking to Customer retention department itself. And looks like they are the one who have messed it up.

I talked with the CS representative & her supervisor. Supervisor was more helpful as she promised to hear the call recording from their records & get back to me in 24 hours. This was yesterday. However I am still awaiting her response.

I have also sent out an email to the primary contact (http://elliott.org/company-contacts/comcast/). Am yet to hear back.