• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 10, 2018
In summary, I signed up for a Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Credit Card with Chase Bank under an offer stating, after purchase of a first flight with the card, I would receive a $200 credit to my statement. After the flight was purchased, my statement posted with a balance of $197.96. Chase informed me that, instead of the $200 promotion, an alternate promotion was attached to my account when it was established. This offer is not the one I signed up with and do not want. It requires me to spend $1000 in three months to receive 40,000 bonus points.
Through several phone calls between Southwest and Chase and two in company escalations throughout the months of May and June, my request to receive my original promotion has been denied. One representative of Chase told me that they are coming "from a business perspective where the 40K deal is better for the consumer."
They refuse to honor the offer I signed up with and wish to have rightfully attached to my account.

I have a detailed report describing the entire dispute which will is available upon request.

Jun 10, 2018
Today, I went back into my computer history and found the link that led me to the URL page I applied for the card on. I do not know if this can help me, but I took a computer screen shot.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Today, I went back into my computer history and found the link that led me to the URL page I applied for the card on. I do not know if this can help me, but I took a computer screen shot.
Excellent ... that's what you need to prove your point. I have and have had several Chase affinity cards over the years, but I've never seen a promotion that gave you something without any requirements on your part. Buying one flight for a $200 statement credit just doesn't sound right. Could you please post the details of the offer (with no personal information) so we can take a look at it?

ADVOCATE ADVICE
When you apply for anything online, assume the worst ... keep screen shots or notes; whatever it takes to prove your point. The offering company may or may not do things the way you thought they would, so it's handy to have some proof of what you signed up for.

Jun 10, 2018
I am still happy to report it to the IT department, and I would also like to let everyone know that an Executive from Chase Consumer Management contacted me via phone these past two days. I had previously sent an email to multiple higher position Chase representatives (emails I found online), as well as posting on this forum, and filing a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Because of the screenshots, I was able to prove my case and she honored my original promotion.
I want to thank everyone for their guidance and support.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I am still happy to report it to the IT department, and I would also like to let everyone know that an Executive from Chase Consumer Management contacted me via phone these past two days. I had previously sent an email to multiple higher position Chase representatives (emails I found online), as well as posting on this forum, and filing a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Because of the screenshots, I was able to prove my case and she honored my original promotion.
I want to thank everyone for their guidance and support.
Wonderful! Thanks so much for letting us know. I did learn your lesson the hard way many years ago when I didn't keep good notes about some bonus, and I'm glad you've learned it the easy way.