Charged twice for same hotel room

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2016
To: hotel@cs.priceline.com
Subject: ***HOTEL - Past Reservations
Date: November 3, 2016 9:49:16 AM EDT

Subject: Double booking
Product: HOTEL
Category: Past Reservations
Name: Lynn Crosby
Email Address: lcrosby@.com
Itinerary :246-776-xxxxx
Comments :I purchased one room at the Westin DFW Airport hotel for
Friday, August 19,2016. When I checked in, the agent informed me that I
had two reservations for the same room. When I got settled, I looked at
my emails and found that there were, indeed, two reservations for the
same room. The second confirm was for #123-321-xxxxx. The next morning
(it was midnight), I called the Priceline customer service line and
spoke with a CS agent, then two (2) supervisors. Bottom line, I was told
that I made two reservations and would be charged for each of them. This
was clearly a "clicking" error. I do not understand why Priceline would
take such a hard line on this mistake when it was clearly an innocent
mistake. Even the hotel understood the issue. I would like to be
refunded for the second reservation. Pls advise. Thank you.

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
My suggestion would be to write to customer service (using the link provided on their website) asking them to make an exception in this instance. But rather than ask for a refund, I would ask for a credit to use for a future reservation. I think this would give you a better chance of getting something from Priceline. If you receive an unfavorable reply, try writing to the execs of Priceline. Write to one at a time, waiting a week for a reply. Do not write to them all at once! Here is the link for their email addresses:

http://elliott.org/company-contacts/priceline/

We are big proponents of booking directly with the hotel, airline, etc. so that you are not at the mercy of an online agency that tends to be less flexible than the provider itself. In your case, it sounds like the hotel would have granted you a refund if you booked directly with them.

Nov 11, 2016
Maybe I can help with this one. If you used a credit card just dispute the second charge and your credit card company will give you a temporary credit. In the end they should decide the dispute in your favor and let you keep that credit to your account, otherwise they'll decide negatively and charge your card again. But this looks very simple and easy for you to win by doing a dispute with your credit card company. Sorry this happened and Priceline was so greedy and unhelpful.

Nov 12, 2016
My suggestion would be to write to customer service (using the link provided on their website) asking them to make an exception in this instance. But rather than ask for a refund, I would ask for a credit to use for a future reservation. I think this would give you a better chance of getting something from Priceline. If you receive an unfavorable reply, try writing to the execs of Priceline. Write to one at a time, waiting a week for a reply. Do not write to them all at once! Here is the link for their email addresses:

We are big proponents of booking directly with the hotel, airline, etc. so that you are not at the mercy of an online agency that tends to be less flexible than the provider itself. In your case, it sounds like the hotel would have granted you a refund if you booked directly with them.

Nov 12, 2016
Great suggestion, thank you. I will do that. They emailed me again this afternoon and said once again that they would not refund the second reservation. I just don't understand why they don't care about doing right by a long term customer. There are plenty of other travel services that I will use going forward.

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
Unfortunately, for the customer, its a numbers game for the OTA. It isn't about customer service or retaining long time customers but rather doing the most transactions in the shortest amount of time.

I should have mentioned in my previous post to keep your email to the execs brief, polite and professional. Use the tactic that you believe it was a clicking error on their website, that as one person traveling alone it would be quite the magic trick to be sleeping in two separate rooms on the same night! Brevity and levity might just get the job done.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Great suggestion, thank you. I will do that. They emailed me again this afternoon and said once again that they would not refund the second reservation. I just don't understand why they don't care about doing right by a long term customer. There are plenty of other travel services that I will use going forward.
Please don't use OTAs to book travel, Lynn, unless you don't mind going through this kind of annoyance every once in a while. OTAs have no interest in you as a customer, and as you see, are of no help in the face of a problem. Book directly with hotels and airlines. The tiny savings is not worth the headaches, as we see every week on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.