Charged first class miles, put in coach. Coshare

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2018
If the plane doesn’t have business class seats- they don’t have business class seats. They can’t give you seats they don’t have. Did you use miles just for this one flight or was it for the entire itinerary including other flights?
Yes that is true. So why does United list these as business class flights and charge business class miles? From the website to management to customer care agents they have been deceptive and totally unhelpful. Even though this is, in my opinion, their mistake. To answer your question I booked only this return leg of the trip (Crete to Boston) as business class so i could get the greater baggage allowance.

Sep 19, 2015
Yes that is true. So why does United list these as business class flights and charge business class miles? From the website to management to customer care agents they have been deceptive and totally unhelpful. Even though this is, in my opinion, their mistake. To answer your question I booked only this return leg of the trip (Crete to Boston) as business class so i could get the greater baggage allowance.
When these mixed class flights are booked on the UA website there is a warning in red that it is a mixed cabin itinerary—- which I avoid at all costs especially internationally and with a code share. The longest flights are in business class which is why this is business class mileage.

I would be concerned that whatever verbal assurances one gets over the phone would be useless when it comes time to check in at the airport.

Feb 26, 2018
Exactly. I have gotten some verbals to find out later that the airlines are still not in agreement. I did just receive an email from Aegean customer service that i would be allowed two bags. Am waiting fir them to confirm that this means two "checked" bags.
For what it is worth I do not recall anything in red when i booked the flight on line. However, if Aegean answers my question in the affirmative this will be over.

Feb 26, 2018
Apologies for not getting back sooner, but out of the blue I received an email from Aegean customer service in Athens that they would allow two checked bags on the Heraklion flight and would contact Heraklion at the appropriate time to make sure they understood. Can't put my finger on what i did to get this cooperation (maybe one of you called them, lol). When I get to Heraklion, by ferry, will have to go to the airport to rent a car and at that time will visit the Aegean desk to make sure all is set well before the flight. Will let you know if there is a problem. thanks for listening and your suggestions.
On another note, while i have your attention, would this forum be appropriate forum for another aspect of traveling - house sitting services - good and bad experiences?

May 28, 2018
Were you seated in first class on all flights when you originally booked the tickets? If so, when did you discover you were downgraded? If this is the case you should get some miles refunded. What does AA say about it?
I booked a RT ticket in First Class. The first lag of the trip went fine. Then second was a nightmare. We each used100,000 miles to fly. AA has only given me 15,000 miles. This is not right! We were to get home on May 14th and did not get home until May 17th .Then we ended up flying economy.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Has everyone having this issue used our company contacts to contact the airline? Our original poster never came back and others are adding to this.

Use our company contacts for your airline, read on the company contact page how to write and let us know if you are successful. This seems to be cut and dried- they owe you the miles back.

Status
Not open for further replies.