Can't redeem Hotels.com rewards night

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 12, 2017
Dear all,

I'm a member of Hotels.com rewards night program. I succeed to collect my 10 nights but couldn't redeem 1 free reward night. I was trying many time to redeem but Hotels.com system always denied my effort.

My rewards night will be expire on Dec 9, 2017 and I got a remind email from your system. Then I called and wrote email to your team asking for help and support.

But your transaction process team(Alonso Barros,Transaction Processing Hotels.com) sent me an email to inform that they couldn't help me to resolved this matter. Why couldn't help? That not fair for customer.

I don't know what to do I just wanted to redeem my 1 free reward night but your transaction process team denied to support. Please kindly consider to help and support me for this matter.

Looking forward to get the best way to resolved this problem very soon.

Thank you & Best regards,
Nutpussorn N.

Nov 12, 2017
Have you tried calling to redeem the night? That's all you need to go if you can't book it online:
Yes, I tried to calling them 2 times before but staff only advised me to do process via online but I couldn't do it as Hotels.com's system always denied my effort. And I'm now staying in Thailand so that seem difficult to call them often.
When you collect 10 nights, we will give you 1 Free Night to redeem at any eligible Hotels.com Rewards property. You can redeem your Free Night online, or give us a call and we will make your booking for you.

Attachments

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Use our company contacts and email. If you have already dealt with Customer Service, send your letter to the first executive. Give him or her a week to reply. If they don't help- move to the next. Repeat weekly going up the chain if necessary.

I think it's ridiculous that they tell you to call and the call center can't book

Are you sure all the hotel stays you made were eligible?

http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/expedia/

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Use our company contacts and email. If you have already dealt with Customer Service, send your letter to the first executive. Give him or her a week to reply. If they don't help- move to the next. Repeat weekly going up the chain if necessary.

I think it's ridiculous that they tell you to call and the call center can't book

I'm with Neil, there's probably an issue somewhere and you're 'frozen' in place. Read their terms and conditions for this free night carefully and check all your stays to be sure they qualify for the plan.

Nov 12, 2017

Dear Neil,thanks for advised and I'm sure thata hotel I would like to redeem is eligible.

Nov 12, 2017
I'm with Neil, there's probably an issue somewhere and you're 'frozen' in place. Read their terms and conditions for this free night carefully and check all your stays to be sure they qualify for the plan.
Dear Jsn55, thank you for advised. I also sent them an email and today I got their reply.
They noticed me that my Hotels.com reward night will be close and they couldn't allow me to redeem my 1 free night. Very bad ! They did to me as I'm a hacker who made them got very risk.

Attachments

Nov 12, 2017
You have company. I had trouble redeeming a free night all last week. Finally, on Sunday, I phoned the Hotels.com reservation number. Quote: "We've been having troubles, I don't know why," from the phone agent, who completed my reservation in a couple of minutes.
Dear Southam, thanks for shared your situation with me. But my problem still not get resolved.

According to that email they closed your account. Why? This is not the same as not being able to book a night and also not at all what you told us.

Why did they close your account? What happened??

There is more to the story than you have told us.
Dear Neil, I don't know why, I asked them to explain more why closed my account. But still not get answer.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Dear Neil, I don't know why, I asked them to explain more why closed my account. But still not get answer.
There has to be something that occurred.
Without that we really can't help you.
They do not just close accounts for not reason.

Your emails may not be clear either. Specifically ask why was my account closed - not why can't I book.

I somehow think there is more correspondence going back further that you aren't sharing.