CANON USA

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 7, 2017
Hey,

So I wanted to give you an update on the struggle I just went through to get the 5D Mark IV and 16-35mm lens ordered.

It started Friday when I initially made the order after a few issues with raising my limit on my debit card, which was expected.One call to the bank, fixed in minutes. I continued to be put on hold with Canon for 10-15 minutes at a time here and there just to get this ordered. I had many issues with online live chat and then issues over the phone regarding the order. The order was finally placed and suppose to be “all good” on Friday November 3rd, 2017 with a two-day shipping due to the very important project that i have coming up filming the South Sudanese refugees in Uganda coming up. I needed this camera ASAP and have been working non stop to make sure I can purchase this, get it on time, and fund this trip to Uganda.

The first issue came when the sales representative put the wrong email, shipping address, and other information in over the phone. I called back several times because I had received no confirmation number, no tracking, or any information. Again, I was put on hold for quite a bit of time. I finally got through and got the information changed and it was again, suppose to be “all good”. That was the first cancellation and reorder, which I had to call my bank back and fourth through this whole process because of the size of the transaction.The reorder was suppose to go out Monday morning (yesterday), and I received no update on shipping. I called numerous times, placed on hold for long periods of time, and was told they aren’t sure what’s going on but it needs to be reordered again. Again, had to call the bank and relay information. Then had to get patched through about five different people to finally talk to someone who could credit the money back into my bank account from the cancelled order and patch my bank in to figure it out. It was grueling. I was on the phone off and on with canon yesterday ALL day long. I have been patient and respectful through the entire process, you can ask any of the reps who I talked to.

I have gone through my phone precisely and since Friday, I have logged a total of 17 calls to canon regarding issues that have ALL been on their end without much explanation at all. The order had to be cancelled and it was officially ordered 3 times now. I logged a total of 3 hours and 44 minutes since my first initial call on Friday. It has been a nightmare of an experience. Wayne, gave me a 10% discount and free express shipping for the troubles, which is okay, but i believe I need to bring it to your attention and give you the opportunity to make this right. I want to put it into your hands to prove to me that canon is worth it to go through. That even if I went through this long, excruciating, timely process while I was currently working on a job site and was intervening on the way I make money, that it is worth it.

I have a production company that has had many recent large donations and we plan to upgrade all of our equipment, which is a lot going out and investing. The plan was to go through Canon because I assumed you are reliable due to your reputation. I didn’t see that through this process. I’m going to buy another lens, the 70-200mm II, in the next few days but now I’m hesitant I may go through this process again and don’t see it as worth it right now.

My question to you is, can you show me that this was worth my time and the money it interfered with?

Please get back to me as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Sam Mann

Nov 7, 2017
Yes that is correct. I've written to many different contacts of Canon and was directed to come here. Not sure why exactly

Nov 7, 2017
Welp. I didn't know that until now. When I email back in a week, should I just copy and paste that email or clarify respectfully that this is the second email I've sent. Should I only send to one of them?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You should only go to the lowest executive on the list and say you haven't had a response, can he or she look at it again. Then give it another week. If no response move to the next executive and repeat weekly.

This is why I've been a Nikon guy for 45 years.

Seriously, though, is there a reason you're buying directly from Canon? The same camera is available at Best Buy. The body is $3,299.99 and one of the varieties of 16-35mm lenses is $1,299.99. There are plenty of authorized Canon dealers, both on-line and brick-and-mortar, so you don't have to worry about grey market problems.

By the way, looking at the specs for this camera and lens combo is making me jealous.

Follow @Neil's advice and good luck.