• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Budget False Damage Claim - Sedgwick Claim Dept

Dec 30, 2019
I received a letter from Sedgwick with a bogus damage claim for 1287. Following another thread, I had sent an email to Avis custserv last week, asking for the list of items in the bullet-ed list. I got a reply from Avis cust serv rep asking me to contact Sedgwick, effectively saying that Avis doesn't have any information of the claim someone else is making on their behalf.
..Sedgwick, The Claims Center and Viking Client Services are authorized representatives for Avis Budget Car Rental primarily in matters of damage claim collections. Please follow the instructions within the letter they have mailed to you. Their direct contact information, mailing address and phone number, are provided in their letter to you. If you no longer have their correspondence you may phone 1-866-446-8376
for assistance.
We apologize for any inconvenience as our Customer Service group is unable to directly assist in these matters.
Based on your successful resolution of similar case what's your advice ? With this holiday headache from Avis, decided never ever to rent from Avis Budget.

Note: Moved to new thread from this thread by a moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 30, 2019
I sent an email to the 1st Executive from the list and waited for 5 days with no response. Then learned that he left the company; thanks for the updated information on this forum. I sent an email to the new Executive 1. I was surprised by the speed at which he acted. I got an email from sedgewick that my claim has been closed, within a few hours of the email reply from the executive offering to investigate it. After a few days I got the sedgewick letter in the mail and an email from the Avis executive informing that the file has been closed.
But I am still surprised that neither of them offered any explanation as what led to this claim. Anyways, never Avis/Budget for peace of mind.

Thank you for this forum and the members here you offered the necessary help.

Reactions: Kitkat
Dec 30, 2019
Avis: "Thank you for your patience while we researched the inquiry regarding Claim # xxxxx. I have confirmed with our third party claims administrator that the claim has been closed. You should receive formal notification from our claims administrator regarding the claim within the next 10 business days. I apologize for the frustration caused by the situation and am grateful that you brought it to our attention so that we may correct it on your behalf. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance in the future. I can be reached directly at xxxx or via reply to this email. "

Sedgewick: "Please be advised the claim is now closed. Please find attached a copy of the closing letter. The original was sent by regular mail. "

Reactions: Kitkat
Nov 26, 2019
Claims may be crazy. Several years ago, in November, I rented a car from Alamo in Maui. Upon its return the Alamo checker found a very small dent in the side and foolishly I signed a form acknowledging the dent. In late January I received a bill from Enterprise which I promptly paid. In late March I received another bill for an additional $240.00. the Enterprise claims department said they forgot to bill me originally for the correct amount. I disputed that bill and told them I would not pay it. So they put me on the Do Not Rent list. Three months later I received a new bill from a collection agency for $430.00. I asked them for a detailed invoice which they never sent, and that was the end of the story, or so I thought. Two years later I was assigned an Alamo prepaid car by Priceline in Connecticut. Late at night, due to a flight delay, the Alamo agent refused to honor the rental, as my name was on a DNR list, and they would not rent it to my wife who has a different last name. Needless to say I never used Priceline again. But my wife rented an Enterprise car when her vehicle was in the shop for repairs, with no problems.

Reactions: VoR61
Jan 24, 2020
This forum is truly amazing. I first discovered this last September when I got a call from Viking Billing asking for $302 for repair to a rear bumper and one day loss of use on a car I had rented in Kahalui, Maui on August 18, 2019. I was adamant that I did not damage the car No one at the return spot saw anything unusual because I had not damaged the car, nor had anyone else during the time I had it. The Viking guy said he would send pictures which he did, including a damage report, cost of repairs, and copy of my rental agreement. Then I got online and found this site and was amazed at the stories I was reading that were so similar. I found the information on reporting from the lowest to the highest so I started my emails. One of the pieces of information I had on my side was that the photos weren't dated. Another was that the odometer reading on the rental agreement reported less milage than the odometer in the photo they took. I got a form letter back from the first email that I had sent Oct.3, 2019 saying "Viking Billing is acting as an agent...". The second one I sent to Corey Harp Oct. 10 2019, but got no reply. In reading some of these posts today I found out he is no longer working for Budget. Something came up in other parts of my life after that and I stopped the emails and forgot about everything. But, earlier this week I got a bill from Viking saying I needed to respond in writing within 30 days if I objected to the bill. So, I got my file of paper work out and wrote another email this time to Ronald Nelson, the CEO. I stated the same things, that I had not damaged the car, it was in fine shape when I returned it, that the odometer readings were off, and that the first report of any damage was at the " vaccum area", a day later according to the damage report. I also copied the email to the woman from Viking who had sent the letter. She didn't include her email address but I figured out what it was by looking at the email address of the original Viking person who sent me the first email. So, now I'm waiting for a response.