booked a duplicate flight, but spirit doesn't refund me.

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 15, 2018
two days ago, I booked a round trip flight on expedia. Because of the web error I clicked the confirmation button twice. So I booked a duplicate flight but I don't know at that time. Today I check my credit card account, I found I was charged twice. I called Spirit, but they said they can cancel one of them but I can't get any refund. I think this doesn't make sense. How can one person use two same flight tickets at the same time, same day, same airline?

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
They are just hoping you are naive enough to accept their statement as truth.
File a dispute with your credit card. Make sure they know you had difficulty with the website.
Did you get two separate confirmation emails? This could be problematic but not insurmountable as it is not all that uncommon to get duplicate emails from website, especially when they are automatic or they have more than one email address on file for you.
Just be straightforward and explain the situation simply to your credit card vendor.
There s so much straight out thievery in business today it is disgusting.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You had 24 hours to cancel the duplicate booking but because you did it through Expedia, you needed to contact them. Didn’t you get two confirmation emails?

The charge may have been an error but you risk them canceling everything by doing a charge back because you didn’t fix it within 24 hours. Have to contacted Expedia? You always have the go through Expedia when you book through Expedia.