1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

Bank Wire from PNC to Turks and Caicos help

Discussion in 'Other' started by Barefootpalms, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Barefootpalms

I wired $3500 from my PNC account to my personal account in Turks and Caicos on Dec 12. We do this wire many times a year with no problems, so know all info and numbers are correct. As of today (Jan 6th) it's still "stuck" at the intermediary bank, JP Morgan Chase.

Dec 12th went to my local PNC branch to wire funds

Called PNC on 18th, when no answers to where it was thought I placed a trace. They did place the trace on 20th, said 3 business days for answers.

Called again, PNC rep said to go back to branch to help. I asked what could branch do, he said, "I don't know." Asked for supervisor. He said they'd call back, I said I'd wait. He said I couldn't wait. ???? So after that I held my ground he connected me to Escalation Dept." Spoke with Diana Collier.

Branch Manager Emily tried getting involved. Could not get info for me, said she could try every 3 business days.

Left numerous messages on Diana Collier's answering machine, she has never called back. (It was holidays, but over now)

I was adviced by all not to recall the wire until we got further info.

On 12/29 spoke with Adam Carney, who actually stayed on the line with me trying to get answers on wire dept. After an hour, first said waiting for answer from JP Morgan Chase, as they had gotten no response. About an hour later said trace finally came through. Chase had the funds, claimed tried to send them to T&C, but were unsuccessful. Chase was "holding" the funds. Adam said PNC wire dept advised him to place a recall on the wire. He said it should take 3 business days. (so by Jan 4th?)

Jan 5th called again, left messages for Adam. When call not returned, I spoke with Jessica Howe. She called the wire dept and all she had for me is PNC is requesting info we're waiting for Chase to respond. All they can do is keep asking. She said she would have it excalted. (again? the 4th time?)

So how long can banks "hold" my money and not respond? How do I get these escalation dept persons to call me back or stay on it? Banks can hold my "cash" and drag out for months?

How do I get my money back?

What should my next line of recourse? Should I take it higher up? I printed the Elliott list on contacts. Should I email someone? How should I word it?

Thanks for help!

2. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

Write to the customer service email address.

Give them a week to reply. If they don't respond or refuse to help, write to the first executive shown. Tell him/her that Customer Service wasn't able to help or didn't reply. Give the executive a week to reply. If necessary, repeat weekly going up the chain of Executives one at a time. If you get all the Executives with no help, come back here and let us know and we'll
    Tell you the next step. Make sure you keep all the emails as you'll need to forward them to the writers if they need to get involved.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

jsn55 and VoR61 like this.
  3. Christina H

Ok as someone who wires money and receives wires I find PNC bank to be falling down on the job. They use Chase as the intermediary and they need to deal with the wire department of Chase. Wire departments should not be this inept and the branch needs to get to work on this, and be on top of Chase instead of "oh we left a message...."

jsn55, VoR61 and Neil like this.
  4. Barefootpalms

Christina, I agree, but other than calling all the time, how do I get them to do this? We wire all the time too. How many times do I have to hear, "Oh we're waiting for a reply. They have 3 business days." "but it's 5 business days already." "Well then we can ask every 3 business days." And so on!

5. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

You use our customer contacts on top of our page and start writing like I advises you to.

That is the standard way we operate here.

VoR61 likes this.
  6. Christina H

Are you near your branch. I would seriously go sit with the branch or even regional manager. Also some branches tend to do fewer wire transfers and the people are more inept. It is likely that a lot of people took the holidays off I have noticed that my branches were short staffed. But the holidays are over. The bank needs to contact a supervisor at Chase and resolve this.

jsn55, Carrie Livingston and VoR61 like this.
  7. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

Ugh, what a way to start 2018. I try to avoid all this stuff in my personal/business life because things are so difficult to unscrew. When you have control of neither end of a transaction, that's a red flag for me.

Is this the kind of thing you can set up to deal with yourself? I know that I can use my computer to transfer funds from BofA to nearly any entity ... might that be an option for you once this mess is all cleaned up?

8. Barefootpalms

Update:

the wire has been found and redeposited into my original account. No explanation given. Took a month to the day! Jaquiline at the escalation dept is the only one at PNC that stayed on it and actually called me back every day to let me know she was working on it. She also refunded my wire fees.

She would love to know what happened but is sure no one will ever tell her.

That was stressful! But resolved.

Thanks for your help!

9. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

Glad you were made whole. I don’t think I’d be using PNC to write money anymore but the issue could have been an issue with the receiving back too.