1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad Reception, Great Outcome Using Company Contacts

Discussion in 'AT&T' started by KeepingItReal, Apr 5, 2017.

1. KeepingItReal

I just moved into new area in Stamford, CT and for first time, I no longer have any AT&T reception in house and intermittently 1 bar outside. I visited local store, who acknowledged area of my house has very bad reception and suggested a microcell device connected to router to create cell spot via internet. They suggested since I'd been a longtime 20yr customer with higher tier subscription plan, that instead of selling me a microcell for$149 I should contact customer service.

And this is where things went downhill fast. Customer service immediately offered to sell me device at full price but nothing else. After persisting, I ended up being transferred through 5 departments over next 1.5 hours. At one point I was told that most houses in area did have microcells, a clear indication of bad reception and they might be able to help me, but then the next desk would pull up my address on a system that said the area has good cellular coverage. Finally, the last person put me on hold and I finally got disconnected.

While considering switching to another carrier as solution, I first tried emailing the AT&T Office of President with the contact information on this site, explaining the issue, the longterm relationship I had with the company, and the poor customer service received. Within 2 hours of emailing, I received a call from that office that apologized and quickly overnighted me a microcell at no cost. This was a great outcome that keeps me a loyal subscriber and I owe alot of thanks to this site for providing that contact information!

Kate C and Neil like this.
  2. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

Thanks for letting us know our contacts work!

3. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

Terrific! Good work on solving this little annoyance. I just replaced my ATT landline after ten years of terrible service ... I can hardly bear to talk with them (the term bozos comes to mind), so I applaud your persistence! Thanks so much for letting us know.