1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

Auto Damage

Discussion in 'Car rentals' started by AMENSCH, May 10, 2017.

1. AMENSCH

Earlier this year I rented a car for a month and during that time noticed damage to the rear fender which must have happened when the car was unoccupied in a parking lot. I called the local car agency and was told that I do not need a police report, just note damage when returning car at airport at end of rental and say, "instant report". When I returned the car and told attendant about damage she said I would be getting an accident form from the rental agency in the mail.
    It's been almost 6 weeks and I have not yet received an accident form. I've called the agency every week since returning the car and, after some research, was told that there was no damage reported on my car.
    As an aside, my insurance company has a "pending" notation on my case.
    My questions are:
    Is this time frame normal for rental auto damage to be still pending without notifying the renter?
    Should I continue to call the rental agency weekly and inquire about this or just let it hang there?
    Obviously, I’m very uncomfortable about the situation and don’t want to get a large bill from the rental agency six months from now.

2. VoR61

Advocate

You have been very patient, but you have no written record of the "no damage reported". You can ask via email using our Company Contacts link at the top of this page or wait to hear.

I suggest you send a brief, polite email to Customer Service asking for the "no damage reported" conclusion.

3. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

Honestly? I'd leave it alone. Why open a can of worms if they are telling you they aren't charging you for the dent? You should leave it alone.

joycexyz likes this.
  4. AMENSCH

I did ask for written email from last agent I spoke to but, as I expected, that person couldn't give it to me. Right now, I'll hang on a bit longer, before contacting Corporate as I don't want to initiate damage claim if none is on the books now. Thanks for your quick and informative reply
    Frankly, that's my inclination though it bugs me. Thanks for your thoughts.

5. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

I would not contact them. You may get a damage claim by continuing to contact them that they may have just let go.

6. AMENSCH

Thanks. Will do.