ATT

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 9, 2016
I've never been fond of cable/internet companies.

When I signed up with ATT they quoted me a price of $80 a month for my TV tier and $7 for each receiver.

They have since upped that cost to $83 a month and $9 a month. ATT is telling me that the price increase appeared on my January bill. I o auto pay so I technically never see a bill, just the price. I did question the price fluctuations at one point and I was told that the difference comes from the number of days in a billing cycle and the taxes associated with that difference, as well.

My question is, since ATT changed the terms of the original contract, cant I cancel without penalty?

Feb 9, 2016
The contract expires mid july so I am almost done with it. I would guess that I signed it mid july last year.

Nov 3, 2015
The contract expires mid july so I am almost done with it. I would guess that I signed it mid july last year.
While it might feel virtuous to go after them for the extra $5 a month, is it worth the heartburn? January to July is $35 -- I'd sooner take my revenge by telling them where to put their equipment and "service" permanently at the end of the contract. (Actually, you want to read the contract you signed, and find out when you have to tell them you're dropping them, so you don't get stuck in an autorenewal or penalty situation.)

The short answer to your question about "can they raise the price" is yes, if it's not nailed down in the contract you signed. I'm betting that there's some piece of bafflegab in it where you agree to pay any price increase during the term of your contract.

On the other hand, think of the warm feeling you can have when you tell them they've lost a customer permanently over half a month's service cost. I know I really enjoyed telling Direct TV to take a hike.