1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

AT&T Keeps deducting money from my account 3 months after closing!!

Discussion in 'AT&T' started by Kathleen M, May 15, 2017.

1. Kathleen M

Please help. I closed my AT&T internet account on 2/13/17 and returned the modem. I have contacted AT&T multiple times and keep getting told my account has been closed and the money I have been charged and automatically deducted from my checking account will be returned to me in ten business days and nothing HAPPENS! I have been charged $65 for three months and it is driving my crazy that the customer service representatives are outright LIARS. I have the names of the representatives and I even have my cancellation number. What more do I need to do to get my money back and not get charged without having to close my bank account! I still want my money back!

2. JVillegirl541

Staff Member Advocate

Dispute the charges with the bank. Show them your statements from ATT!

joycexyz, ADM and jsn55 like this.
  3. VoR61

Advocate

At this point I would appeal to Customer Care at AT&T since the charges are ongoing and have yet to be refunded.

You can click on our Company Contacts link (top of this page) to find their contacts. Send a brief, respectful email to the Primary Contact who is Carmen P. Nava, summarizing your experience and ask for assistance with the bank drafts.

Remember to thank him/her for his/her time and consideration.

Wait at least two weeks for a reply ...

ADM, John Galbraith and jsn55 like this.
  4. AMA

AMA

Tell your bank that you have de-authorized ATT as an automatic biller. If they're not helpful, close the account and go somewhere else. You are the bank's customer, not ATT.

joycexyz, Neil, ADM and 2 others like this.
  5. Tom and Lily Huber

Close the card or account and get a new one.

Then fight the improper charges.

Don't be afraid to sue.

6. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

Take a deep breath, Kathleen, and remember that you're dealing with a company that can't walk and chew gum at the same time. It's just incompetence. Follow VoR's instructions. Remember that the person reading your letter did not cause your problem. I would also contact your bank and instruct them to stop paying ATT. I just cancelled my landline and am anticipating problems with continuing credit card charges ... if ATT actually stops billing my card, I'll be astonished.

ADM and John Galbraith like this.
  7. Christina H

Go to your bank branch and there is usually a form to fill out to cancel automatic withdrawals. This way the bank is also on notice and they cannot honor the request. I had to do this and once I filled out the form it was over.

VoR61 and Neil like this.