1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

Are JPEG attachments allowed with a posting?

Discussion in 'First visit? Read this' started by JandJ, Jan 21, 2015.

1. JandJ

I have just joined the forum and I will be posting an issue with Delta Airlines. I would like to add a JPEG to my posting. I see the "Upload a File" button, but does that meld the file into the message or create an attachment?
    Are there some general guidelines for posting? I haven't been able to locate any on the site.
    Thank for your help.

2. VoR61

Advocate

Yes, JPG files are permitted and they will show in the message (vs. an attachment).

3. VoR61

Advocate

Chris can explain in greater detail, but here is some general “forum decorum”:

1. Do not post any personal information (phone, email, reservation numbers, etc.)
    2. Be polite, whether starting a new thread or replying to an existing one
    3. Avoid insults and emotionally charged statements
    4. You can upload images and they will show in the body of your comments
    5. The editor has many features you can use to “spruce up” your comments
    6. Everyone is here to help. Sometimes our answers are hard to hear but necessary

Mike likes this.
  4. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

Well said, VoR, especially #6!

5. Grant Ritchie

Grant Ritchie Dependable adequacy :-)

Actually, #6 is a nonstarter. We do not give "hard to hear" answers, no matter how we may feel, personally.

Here are Chris' rules on the matter:

Our focus is on the positive: how to get a "yes" from a company, how to fix the issue, how to make things better for everyone. We do this by connecting consumers to information that can help them achieve their goal, and ours. We do it by encouraging them.

We try to avoid the following:

✓ Telling a consumer they have "no case" because the terms and conditions say so. We'd rather let the terms and conditions, or the company, speak for itself.

✓ Scolding them for not reading the fine print. By the time they get to us, they usually know they've done wrong. They're not coming to us for punishment, but help.

✓ Chastising them for failing to buy a different product or forgetting to purchase insurance. Any recommendations along those lines should be done in a constructive and helpful -- and above all, polite -- manner.

6. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

Grant, for some reason these rules missed me. Thank you for reminding me what it is we're doing.

Grant Ritchie likes this.