are Allegiant dropping LAX/HNL flights ?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 28, 2015
New York
this friend has cancelled part of her holiday with family to USA. She was gong to Colorado for 10 days now says can't afford it.
Her airfare to USA is non-refundable. Think she's flying into SFO & out of HNL back to OZ, so she just wants cheapest fare from anywhere in California, Vegas, Phoenix to Hawaii around 9Jan give or take a day or 3.

Think shes looked at all 3 SFO airports, LAX, SAN, LAS, PHX.

Any suggestions ?
By all 3 I suppose you included San Jose and Oakland? Flights from HNL to Cali are pretty cheap-Have you looked at Hawaiian Air? The flight to LAX is very affordable.

kenish

Verified Member
Sep 1, 2015
KSNA
I just checked hopper, lax/Hnl is about $250 next Jan 9th. I think that's good, right?
It depends on the airline and fare rules for the ticket. I assume it's $250RT; if so, that's good (assuming low, low, low fare is all that matters).

Jul 27, 2016
$250 RT LAX/HNL - no. $250 each way with $70 in fees - I'll believe.

It hasn't been $250 RT since the 80's . . . and Business Class on TWA was $424 RT
Yup, looks like $493 RT is as cheap as it gets, but that's pretty standard, and widely available on a lot of dates. In real terms, that's just $220 in 1985 dollars.

kenish

Verified Member
Sep 1, 2015
KSNA

It hasn't been $250 RT since the 80's . . . and Business Class on TWA was $424 RT
$250 RT fares are rare but do exist; they are "scratch and dent" Consolidator fares that remain unsold at the last minute. Hence my question to LW about fare rules. $500-ish RT is still low, and caveats apply.

Aug 28, 2015
New York

I checked one way coach bc the LW said she wanted something cheap. My bf's return first class ticket was @$371 Hnl to lax so not that far off.