Anyone ever try to collect for severe pain & $ losses caused by ships doctor on Oceania?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You would think attaching a copy of the Medicare rules that state they don't cover this would be enough. Like when you make a normal travel insurance claim, it asks to include the refund policy of the airline. I understand double recovery is concerning but still.....
I'm still wondering about this head twist thing. I get seasick.
If you buy insurance that is primary, none of this is necessary. A primary policy pays immediately- you call the insurance company when someone hung happens and they take care of everything.

Most policies are secondary and that is when you need to prove that the claims have been rejected by your insurers to put in your claim.

May 30, 2016
If you buy insurance that is primary, none of this is necessary. A primary policy pays immediately- you call the insurance company when someone hung happens and they take care of everything.

Most policies are secondary and that is when you need to prove that the claims have been rejected by your insurers to put in your claim.
Good thought, I will remember that, and I will check our policy small print...

Aug 28, 2015
New York

Agreed! I guess it gets confusing when there are medical issues involved overseas. It seems to give the company a little window to delay and avoid payment by confusing everyone for no reason, even it knows it's supposed to pay. I imagine certain travel insurance does this better than others. That is why no more cruises for people without travel agents!!! Unless they know what they are doing.

Nov 21, 2014
AAGK you asked:
"Also, I am interested in this head twist thing. Does anyone have any info on that- sounds good to know about."
It's called the Eppley Manuever...used with great success by some patients with vertigo. You can find a demonstration on YouTube...just google it.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
It does work. My wife uses it when she has vertigo and it has made a tremendous difference. She went for p/t when she had her first bout and they showed her how to do the maneuver. Her ENT doctor also prescribed low dose Valium instead of meclizine. He told her some vertigo patients get better results with valium and she has found it works better and she doesn't have to worry about falling asleep like she does with the meclizine.

Aug 28, 2015
New York
AAGK you asked:
"Also, I am interested in this head twist thing. Does anyone have any info on that- sounds good to know about."
It's called the Eppley Manuever...used with great success by some patients with vertigo. You can find a demonstration on YouTube...just google it.
@Nancy Thank you! I will. Excellent info.

technomage1

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2015
Folks, I think this thread has gone off topic and beyond what the poster needs so I'm going to close it. Richard, I think you've gotten some great advice to move forward, and if you get a resolution please let me know and I'll update the thread.

technomage1

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2015
Update from Richard:

This is to let every one know the U.S. Post Office lost our Packet of forms and papers sent to Aillanz insurance. We sent them overnight guaranteed on May 27, they notified us that they were delivered on May 31. Ailing never received them (we believed they did). Today after two hours on the phone with the post office we find they were sent to the wrong zip code by the P.O. (a suburb of where they should have gone) where they are to this day. Blaming it on the fact of the PO Box number. We are now in anguish trying to get them to right POST OFFICE BOX NUMBER IN THE RIGHT ZIP CODE. Ailing is now aware of our plight and is cooperating.

Status
Not open for further replies.