1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

Antiquated Comcast cable box

Discussion in 'Comcast' started by Jeanne Tassinari, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Kahhss

Read again what I wrote.

It's likely that the association gets a fee based off of the number of units. It's called a bulk contract. Whether she's there or not they get that money. Thus they only get $22 additionally from her. When they look at her bill, they see a $22/month customer. Whether you like it or not, that's how they're going to look at her account when choosing whether to install new hardware.

FYI, this caused no end to headaches for condo associations in FL around 2010. The condos were empty or abandoned but the cable companies had bulk contracts that gave them that fee based on the number of units. Since many were unoccupied, some condo associations had to raise their dues of their remaining tenants just to cover the cable bill.

I still think her best option for resolution is via the PUC but she's elected to resolve this by canceling the service.

honestpointofview likes this.
  2. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

If the emails to the exec are being returned as undeliverable, there is a link in the information on reporting this so we can research for new ones.

http://elliott.org/company-contacts/

Use the link for reporting inaccurate or out of date info so someone can try to find correct information and post it.

3. Jeanne Tassinari

Thank you for your input. In the scheme of things my "problem" is very minimal. I guess I have decided if I am going to give money away for services I am not receiving I might want to use it for charitable purposes.

AMA and jsn55 like this.
  4. mmb

mmb

@Jeanne Tassinari
    You can buy a TiVo to use with your Comcast service to DVR your shows.
    eBay has many that are used. If you buy one with Lifetime service you won't even pay a monthly fee. Otherwise, it might be something like $12/month -- I'm not sure what they are charging now.
    You will also need a 'card' from Comcast which costs $10/month --- it goes in the TiVo and validates/provides the service.
    Seems like it would be about the same cost as you are paying now.
    I have had very good luck with used TiVo's in my home.

5. Pegx

We had that same problem with our old Comcast box. They replaced it two or three times for us. The guide takes a very long time to reset. When Comcast made us upgrade to X1 they initially gave us a bad box. Once that box was replaced we never had that reset/reboot issue again. X1 is great. We can record programs at home and watch them over the internet when we are away on vacation by connecting an HDMI cable from our laptop to the tv at our vacation spot.

6. Jeanne Tassinari

I am not sure what X1 is and how Comcast "made" you upgrade. Could you please clarify. Thank you. And your point about the length of time to load and reset is exactly the reason I need an upgraded box.