Angry father

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 7, 2018
Patchouge
My family and I recently booked a vacation at your Orlando location. My issue is that my family was put at risk by the negligence of your staff and I think you should be aware. We came in around 1130pm on 4/2/18 with over $100 worth of food to accommodate our stay based on the room we thought we would check in to. At check in we found out that our room wasn’t available and the resort was over booked. We spent $1600.00 for our reservations. When speaking to your associate that checked us in she assured us that we would get a room that was “apples for apples”.

When we got to the room it had 1 king bed and no place for my 11 year old to sleep. I then went down stairs to see if anything could be done. Now it’s almost 1am. After 45 mins the manager inside said she could get us into the II Building which has two twin beds and in the morning they would have your room ready by 11-1pm latest. At that point I had no choice but to say yes because we were exhausted from a long day of travel from New York.

As we approached the room which was outside the security gates which was alarming to me because anyone from anywhere could access this area of your resort. We got settled in showered in the room given to us which was way below the standards we were promised. Also not all of the food fit into the small fridge in that room either. I was forced to microwave something to eat for the three of us. I compromised because I understand things happen. What happened next I can’t tolerate. As were we getting ready to go to bed it’s now almost 3am. As my wife and I peeled back the covers we got a surprise that I hope no other guest of yours ever has to experience. The below photos indicate the level of disgust I’m about to describe.

As my wife later down she realized the bed was wet on her side of the bed. After further investigation we realized the bed was covered in urine under the top comforter that we both were then now laying in!!!!! My 11 year old and wife. Now both distraught refused to stay in that room another minute. As a husband it’s my job to protect your family from situations like this. Here I go now at 345 in the morning for a third time back down to the manager or supervisor on duty. When I explain the situation to her and your security team. They seemed like they heard this situation before. Minutes later another man from New Jersey told me he had the sane problem. Urine in his bed as well!!! Absolutely disgusting. Your supervisor then gave us a room that we essentially paid for after the incident and said if I come down in the morning your manager would take care of the situation. By the time we got to that room our food was melted and it’s now 430am. I didn’t understand why we couldn’t be placed into this room originally and all of this could have been avoided.
Unfortunately by the time we got up the next day it was already too late to hit universal park as planned and completely ruined my vacation. To top it off when I went down the next morning to speak to a manager three free ice cream cones was her way of saying sorry for you and your wife laying in someone else urine. She could care less. I work for a Fortune 500 company and I know what customer service is and this is not it. I feel this isn’t the first time or the last this will be happening and I will not recommend your resorts to anyone. I have over a million followers on Instagram and Snapchat. I’ll be sure to let them know how I feel and the incident at hand. I feel as a leader of something you should know when things like this happen. People not doing their jobs in instances like this can be bad for business. I will never come back to a west gate resort again. I come to Orlando every year and my first experience here was enough for me to never want to put my family in jeopardy at your resort again. Thanks for your time and change is needed over at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa
7700 Westgate Boulevard
Kissimmee, FL 34747

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
First question- did you send this to the hotel? They won’t see this here so we need to make sure you have directed this to the hotel first.

Second- and this is the big question that will help us- how did you book? Did you book directly or did you book through an online travel agency, like Expedia?

This is disgusting and we can direct you but need more facts.

Sep 19, 2015
Oh sounds horrible, unsanitary and disgusting.

This is one of those time share resorts— which offers rooms for bookings

I admit to having a negative perception of Westgate and the owner especially after the movie so I am not going to comment much.

But Neil asked an important question — how was this booked.

Apr 7, 2018
Patchouge

I admit to having a negative perception of Westgate and the owner especially after the movie so I am not going to comment much.

It was booked through booking if.com
Gross!!!!!!!!! OMG, this is one of those stories I hope Chris grabs and splashes across USA Today or WSJ.

Apr 7, 2018
Patchouge
It was booked through Booking.com, but their staffs negligence is what’s in question here. Human bodily fluids and having to lay in someone’s wet fluids is the problem here. The manager couldn’t care less and I’ve seen how some hotels do not change linens after each vacationers stay. We were there for 4 days 5 night lord knows how long those linens were on that bed.

Apr 7, 2018
Patchouge
First question- did you send this to the hotel? They won’t see this here so we need to make sure you have directed this to the hotel first.

Second- and this is the big question that will help us- how did you book? Did you book directly or did you book through an online travel agency, like Expedia?

This is disgusting and we can direct you but need more facts.
Neil there’s no direct email to the resort. I did email the CEO and down the chain of command

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I knew you were going to say you booked through an OTA. Just for future reference - when you book with an OTA - you are given the worst rooms in the hotel. They save the better rooms for guests who pay full price. This is well known in the industry.

However - that does NOT mean that something as disgusting as this should happen. You are far better than I am because I would have had the police there trying to calm my wife down if this had happened to me, I can guarantee that.

Here are the corporate contacts at Westgate. I suggest that you cut down the letter and use bullet point to state the facts only - get rid of the emotion (although I know it must be nearly impossible)

http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/westgate-resorts/

Read our information on how to write to escalate this up the executive chain at Westgate on the Company Contact page and let us know how you make out. This is really one I'd like to see published on the blog, thats for sure.

An FYI - I bet if you had posted this on the Facebook page while you were there you would have gotten someones attention.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Your experience is beyond horrible. For our other readers, this:

ADVOCATE ADVICE
1. Book directly with the property; ask many questions
2. Read reviews from several sources before you make your choice
3. Have access to social media.
4. Arrive before 4pm. Stay at an airport property for one night if you're not getting in early enough

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Spent the morning reading the awful reviews of this property. Oh Yuk is all I can say! The very small handful of good reviews are for the most part highly suspect. The bad reviews all are unanimous voicing gross situations similar to yours. This is a Management issue to let housekeeping create so many health and sanitation issues. I have read many bad Hotel reviews but this property must be one of the worst!

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Spent the morning reading the awful reviews of this property. Oh Yuk is all I can say! The very small handful of good reviews are for the most part highly suspect. The bad reviews all are unanimous voicing gross situations similar to yours. This is a Management issue to let housekeeping create so many health and sanitation issues. I have read many bad Hotel reviews but this property must be one of the worst!
Which is why it needs to be dealt with on a corporate level. Obviously the hotel doesn’t care.

John Galbraith

Staff Member
Director
Jan 22, 2017
Poole
Neil there’s no direct email to the resort. I did email the CEO and down the chain of command
Hi Fwhizz,

I had a look at our contacts for Westgate. I have found some new ones which may be more helpful. I also updated the CEO's email as he has changed his email format. You might want to start again from the Primary contact (Vice President of Resort Operations) and work upwards. If you do email remember to email one at a time, a week apart working upwards to the CEO.

I hope this helps.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Hi Fwhizz,

I had a look at our contacts for Westgate. I have found some new ones which may be more helpful. I also updated the CEO's email as he has changed his email format. You might want to start again from the Primary contact (Vice President of Resort Operations) and work upwards. If you do email remember to email one at a time, a week apart working upwards to the CEO.

I hope this helps.
Which means startIng at the lowest executive and moving up one by one. Never start at the top- the initial info on the company contacts page tells you how to write.

Also, don’t send pictures as attachments- that can cause your emails to go into spam. State you have pictures you want to send and if you get a response, then send them.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Hi Fwhizz,

I hope this helps.
Excellent, John! Our knight in shining armour rides to the rescue ... one of the most awful stories I've ever read on this forum. So glad you're on the job. Please give your snorting white warhorse an extra carrot.