1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

American airlines

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by MARLENEG, Dec 15, 2017.

1. MARLENEG

My sister and I booked a flight to Maui april 22nd 1st class her from Cincinnati me from Milwaukee, to meet in Dallas/fort worth received called 12/12 that they can not get us on the same plane! She is 82 and disabled and cannot fly that far without my help, very upset, this maybe her last trip now it is a nightmare. HELP

2. cp556

cp556 Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

I'm so sorry to hear this. I understand how important it is for your sister to have your assistance during the flights.

Perhaps you can provide a bit of information to help us:

- Did you book directly with American Airlines? If so, online or by phone? Or did you book through a travel agency (again, online or locally)?

- When is your flight from Dallas scheduled?

- In either case, had your reservations been ticketed yet?

- WHO contacted you to advise you could not be on the same flight? Did they give a reason?

We have some very savvy airline experts on this Forum (unfortunately, I'm not one of them) who will be along to offer advice, but answers to the above questions will help.

3. MARLENEG

We book with AAA in Cincinnati for our trip to Maui on Jan 26th Mary @ AAA contacted me Mary at 513-941-6841 we are now booked in coach and I have 51/2 hr layover in Dallas to return to Milw. I also had to take a unpaid day off work because of the change

4. ADM

ADM

I am sorry for this disruption to your travel plans. Has the change occurred only on the return from Maui or both directions? What were the original dates of your trip and what are the dates now that the flights have been changed?

5. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

Still confused . Are you both on the same flight but only one of you us in first class? Did you tell the agent your sister isvdydabled so she could send a special
    needs request to the airline?

When you book that early you can pretty
    Much assume there are going to be changes with the flights unfortunately. They may have changed the aircraft to a smaller one and for your return home canceled the original flight you were on and put you on another.

AAA should be helping you too.

6. jsn55

Staff Member Advocate

I'm glad to read that you used a real travel agent. Please meet with your AAA agent so you can get this fixed. There are many ways to straighten out the situation. This is the reason you use a travel agent, so that any issues can be resolved by an expert. Please let us know what transpires.

Patina and Neil like this.