1. Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
    Dismiss Notice

American Airlines giving seat away

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Weronika, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marty T

I think you are missing the Point
    They moved her and lied as to why they moved her
    If they can move someone then tell the truth
    UNITED is the worst Airline
    I won't consider flying United

2. Marty T

Do you have 65 Million miles on any Airline?
    Well that is how many miles I have accumulated since 1992

3. Christina H

This is veering into DYKWIA territory.

As you have 65 million miles you are aware that airlines can move people within the class. And you are certainly aware that there are FAM who take seats and the airline is prohibited from telling people why they were moved. If someone is moved to accommodate a passengers disability the airline does not betray the privacy of a disabled person.

Want complete control and all answers --buy a plane and fly private. Otherwise be prepared for the same thing to happen on other airlines.

krisseye, Just A Guy, Nancy and 4 others like this.
  4. Marty T

Yes I understand everything you are saying but the person who bumped us out was bragging to his buddies how he forced AA to get him 3 seats together

I have been moved because of Sky Marshalls before but this guy was not a Sky Marshall

5. Neil

Neil Moderator
    Staff Member Advocate

We have company contacts on top of our pages. I would suggest perhaps writing to the airlines executives and telling them about your dissatisfaction. They are the only ones who can do anything for you.

jsn55 and sas80 like this.
  6. Marty T

Already did
    That is how I was able to have someone at lest call me
    I appreciate that help

7. Christina H

Unfortunately the airlines do not look at past long term loyalty-- it is current big spend that gets the attention. So a Chairman club, Delta 360 and UA GLobal Services passenger is likely going to get what they want.

Most at that level that I have met have been decent people -- however this one on the LA to LHR flight sounds like a jerk-- bragging and all. But I think most other airlines would give a seat assignment to that super spender person -- not nice but the way it is.

jsn55, johnbaker and Neil like this.
  8. Marty T

He definitely felt entitled

9. technomage1

Staff Member Advocate

It looks like this thread is getting a bit off the rails. Marty, unfortunately there's not much we can do for you except suggest the company contacts, which we've already done and you've already used. What happened to you is really annoying and not how customers should be treated, but unfortunately the airlines seem to be digging into the ground racing to the bottom in terms of service. Flying isn't what it used to be. It's a lot cheaper now but a whole lot more stressful.

Since we really can't help, I'm going to go ahead and close this. Good luck to you.

jsn55, Carrie Livingston and Patina like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.